Child Attending School Information
COCC supports the intent of the Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Child Support and will make every effort to provide information in a timely and efficient manner. To provide a clear understanding to parent and student, COCC has provided a link to the DOJ Reporting and Compliance and college guidelines below that will clarify and answer many common questions and concerns.
Always be prepared to show photo ID when requesting information in-person.
DOJ’s Written Consent for Disclosure Form
- The student must submit the Written Consent for Disclosure Form with photo ID to the Admissions and Records Office in-person or by emailing the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Written Consent for Disclosure Form allows Central Oregon Community College (COCC) to provide information regarding the student’s enrollment and academic progress information to the paying parent. Parents may not submit the form for the student.
- The Written Consent for Disclosure Forms are valid for one year from the date signed. The student may rescind consent at any time by visiting the Admissions and Records Office.
- It is the student’s responsibility to rescind the Written Consent for Disclosure Form when they reach the age of 21.
- COCC does not require instructors to take attendance, except for the first week of each term as it applies to COCC's Attendance Requirement, and cannot provide this information.
- COCC does not report grades until the end of the term. Grades are available via the student’s bobcat web account. COCC will not release grades over the telephone and does not mail grade reports.
- The paying parent may request a copy of the student’s final grades and schedule of classes by emailing email@example.com or by mail to COCC Admissions and Records 2600 NW College Way, Bend OR 97703.
DOJ’s Child Attending School Confirmation Form
- The Child Attending School Confirmation Form may be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office in-person, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to COCC Admissions and Records 2600 NW College Way, Bend OR 97703
- Processing can take up to 5-7 business days. You will receive an email with the completed form or a phone call to pick the form up when it's completed. COCC does not mail completed forms to the Division of Child Support. Photo ID will be required when picking up the Child Attending School Confirmation Form.
- Full-time enrollment is defined as 12 or more credit hours each term. Half-time enrollment is defined as 6-11 credit hours. Less than half-time is defined as 1-5 credits.
- Satisfactory academic progress at COCC is defined as maintaining a grade point average of 2.0 each term. Only the grade point average of the last completed term will be used to verify satisfactory academic progress.
- It is your responsibility to notify the Child Attending School Team and paying parent if you are no longer enrolled at least half-time or stop making satisfactory academic progress.
- New students in their first term of enrollment are considered in good academic standing.