- All students who have met requirements for a two-year Associate Degree or a one-year Certificate of Completion are eligible to participate in commencement if they have earned or will earn that certificate or degree in the past Fall, Winter or Spring, or the coming Summer. (Only candidates for Summer graduation who demonstrate a realistic plan to complete all requirements by the end of Summer term are eligible). RSVP for Commencement via the link in your Bobcat Web Account beginning in April 8, 2019. All communication regarding the commencement ceremony will be sent to your COCC email account starting in April.
- COMMENCEMENT PROGRAM DEADLINE: MAY 19, 2019! You must RSVP for Commencement (via the link in your Bobcat web account beginning April 8) to have your name appear in the commencement program.
- Caps, gowns and announcements may be purchased at the COCC Bookstore in April.
- Diplomas are not available at the commencement ceremony but will be mailed approximately one month after the end of the completion term. If you have a financial hold on your account, your diploma will not be mailed until you notify the Transcript and Degree Evaluation team in Enrollment Services the hold has been cleared.
- VETERANS: COCC will recognize graduating veterans by providing them a special red, white and blue cord for the commencement ceremony. Veterans may pick up their cord either at Admissions & Records in the Boyle Education Center or when you check-in for commencement on June 15, 2019.
- HONORS: Graduates with honors will be presented their honor cords on the stage during the commencement ceremony. Student Honors and Deans list.
- Graduates must check-in Mazama Gym by 8:45 a.m. on Saturday, June 15.
- Please review Frequently Asked Questions regarding commencement.
Commencement vs Graduation
What is the difference between graduation and commencement?
Graduation is the awarding of a certificate or degree once a student has satisfied all certificate or degree requirements as verified by the Admissions & Records Office.
Commencement is the ceremony for students, family and friends to celebrate in the students academic accomplishments. Participation in the ceremony does not mean the student had graduated (or earned the certificate or degree) and students do not receive their diploma that day. Please be sure to RSVP for Commencement via the link in your Bobcat web account beginning April.
In advance of College events, persons needing accommodation or transportation because of a physical or mobility disability, contact Joe Viola at 541.383.7775. For accommodation because of other disability such as hearing impairment, contact Disability Services at 541.383.7583.