Services for Students with Disabilities
Welcome to Central Oregon Community College and the office of Services for Students with Disabilities. COCC strives to make available to all students the opportunity for an excellent and rewarding education. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 provide federal guidelines which help the College ensure equal access to all students.
Faculty- please visit our department's intranet page for accommodation information during the COVID-19 impact.
Students- Please contact us if you have any questions/concerns about how your accommodations transfer to the online environment or if you are facing new barriers. You are still responsible for sending your letter of accommodations to your instructors if you are wishing to request accommodations for your online course. You may experience that some of your accommodations are not needed, as the online environment may have reduced the barriers you once faced in the classroom.
Department main contact: email@example.com, 541-383-7583, LIB #010 (Library Lower Level), 2600 NW College Way, Bend, OR 97703
Follow these steps to apply for/receive accommodations:
1. For Summer Term 2020, respond to the courtesy email from Disability Services confirming your request for a current term letter of accommodations or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the directions on your cover letter for implementing your accommodations.
2. Starting Fall Term 2020 you will be required to log in to your disability services account using the log in button and select your requested accommodations.
Once submitted, your instructors will receive an automated email of your letter of accommodations. You will want to follow up with your instructors that they have received this email and to discuss how your accommodations will be implemented for their course.
3. For assistance, review the following tutorials below or contact us at email@example.com
- Log in to your account (pdf)
- Request your accommodations (pdf)
- Modify or cancel your accommodations (pdf)
- Check what accommodations you are eligible for (pdf)
- Your personal dashboard and profile
Nancy Blair-Madison, Administrative Clerk, Senior, 541-383-7583, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office location: Library 010
Jamie Rougeux, Coordinator, 541-383-7743, email@example.com, Office location: Library 011
Erin Trimble, Sign Language Interpreter Specialist, 541-383-7737, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office location: Library 012
Oregon Relay Service: 800-735-1232, or simply dial 7-1-1
Video Phone 541-647-6416
To view COCC campus maps and disabled parking areas, please see:
- Bend Campus ADA Accessibility Map
- ADA Snow Route
- Bend Campus Parking Map
- Commencement ADA Access 2019
- Updated Commencement Parking Map 2019
To see our non-discrimination policy and procedures, please review our Incident Report form
To see our student grievances procedures, please review our Student Concerns Process
Mission: The Services for Students with Disabilities office works to create inclusive and sustainable learning environments and facilitate access, discourse, and involvement through innovative services and programs, leadership, and collaboration.