Central Oregon Community College is proud to serve veterans and their dependents. The Veterans Certifying Official is in the Boyle Education Center on the Bend Campus.
- Requesting certification
To establish your benefits at COCC for the first time, please call 541.383.7264 and submit the following documents to the Veterans Certifying Official once you are registered in class:
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility
- DD-214 (Member 4 copy)
- All official military and college transcripts.
The COCC Veterans Certifying Official must certify you each term you are planning to enroll in classes at COCC if you want to use your VA education benefits. It can take up to 4 weeks to process your application.
Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 veterans must verify their enrollment status by Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) at 1.877.823.2378. This must be done at the end of each month of enrollment in order to receive benefits.
If you are using Chapter 35 benefits (Dependents' Educational Assistance), you may be eligible for the tuition waiver. Tuition waivers must be completed each aid year and submitted by the first Friday of the term.
Continuing students may submit an online veteran certification request through your Bobcat Web Account, by calling 541.383.7264 or email email@example.com. If you change your degree or certificate program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541.383.7264.
- In addition to veterans, who can be certified?
Dependents of . . .
- A veteran who died or is permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of active service in the Armed Forces.
- A veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence.
- A service member missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force.
- A service member forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
- Dependent must qualify for Educational Assistance with the Veteran Administration,
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
Students using VA educational benefits at COCC must earn at least a 2.0 GPA each term to maintain good standing. The terms of COCC's Academic Warning Policy for all students, including those using VA educational benefits, are outline in the College Catalog.
If a student using VA educational benefits receives a Fourth Academic Warning, their benefits will be terminated at COCC and they will not be eligible for reinstatement for one calendar year, in accordance with the Academic Warning Policy. Please note: Students receiving federal financial aid are also bound by the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) upheld by COCC's Financial Aid Office.
- 85/15 Regulation
For More Information and to Apply for VA Educational Benefits