Job Search Resources
Are you looking for a career in your field of study?
Are you looking for part time work while you are a student?
Understanding the job search process is the key to your success!
Tracy Dula, COCC Career Services Coordinator, is available to assist you with all aspects of your job search. Learn how to develop a job search plan, complete employment applications, develop resumes and cover letters, and how to be prepared for an interview. Students can schedule an appointment by calling 541-383-7200.
- Follow this job search action plan to prepare for your job search. REMEMBER: You should begin your job search AT LEAST 3 months before graduation.
Below are some helpful online resources to get you started:
- Oregon Career Information System provides job search information. Contact CAP Services at 541-383-7200 for COCC's username and password.
- The National H.I.R.E.Network is devoted to helping ex-offenders get over the hurdles that can prevent them from obtaining employment. Sign in for individuals and join under "membership." Membership is FREE for access to resources and publications.
- Veterans ReEmployment and Military to Civilian Occupation Translator
- Employment Service Programs for Job Seekers
- Take an Effective Job Search Strategies class at COCC.
- Career Bliss
- Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers an inside look at jobs and companies.
- Quality Info (formerly OLMIS) - For all aspects of your job search. Information provided by Oregon Employment Department.
View this checklist to find out: Graduates: Are You "Career Ready"?
Online Student Job Postings
These sites contain links to a variety of job search skills and general career information.
Resume and Cover Letters
- How to Write a Masterpiece of a Resume
- The Damn Good Resume
- Resume guidelines and examples
- Seven Quick Tips for Writing a Superior Cover Letter and cover letter example