TEAS-Test of Essential Academic Skills
REMOTE TEAS ANNOUNCEMENT updated 5/21/2020
In support of Stay Home, Save Lives, you do not need to come to campus to complete the exam. You will be able to take the exam remotely, such as from your home computer or laptop. Please continue reading below for important updates.
I did not have a previously scheduled TEAS appointment.
- COCC is adding two additional exam dates in a remote format. You will not be required to come to campus to take the exam and will be able to complete it remotely, such as from your home computer or laptop.
- You can reserve your seat beginning 9 a.m. on Tuesday, May 26 by contacting Admissions
and Records at (541) 383-7500. We recommend paying the $68 exam fee and scheduling at your earliest opportunity.
The exam dates are:
- Friday, June 19 – 10 a.m. 20 seats
- Friday, June 26 – 10 a.m. 20 seats
I have a previously scheduled TEAS appointment for March 20 or after.
- You should have received an email on Friday, May 1 with information about your appointment. We strongly encourage you to keep your existing appointment.
- Beginning Friday, May 29 at 9 a.m., we will open remaining exam seats if available.
Please note the following if you are rescheduling or retesting:
- Reservations are first come, first served by contacting Admissions and Records at (541) 383-7500
- You will need to pay the $68 exam fee.
- If you are taking the test a second time, there must be a minimum of 90 days between your test dates.
- We will update availability on this webpage once per business day.
- If you did not receive an email on Friday, May 1, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I take the TEAS more than once?
- You are able take the TEAS test up to two times in a lifetime. There must be at minimum of 90 days between your test dates. The Nursing Program selection process will use the highest score.
- If you take the test a second time, you must be able to log in to your ATI testing account prior to arriving at the test.
What do I need to know about the day of the remote test?
- Look for an email one week prior to your appointment. It contains critical information about preparing for your test, including technical requirements.
ABOUT THE EXAM
The TEAS is a required test for students submitting an application to COCC's Nursing Program or the Veterinarian Technician Program. The ATI TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. These entry-level skills were deemed important for health science program applicants by a panel of subject matter experts. ATI Testing Website.
What should I do to prepare for the ATI TEAS?
You can prepare for the TEAS with several resources including the Official ATI TEAS study manual (sixth edition), now available for purchase. Reserve copies are also available at the Circulation Desk in the COCC Library, and may be available in the COCC Bookstore for purchase. You can also visit the ATI website for practice assessments and a helpful study package.
Can I take the TEAS more than once?
COCC allows students to take the TEAS test up to two times in a student's lifetime.
Both the Nursing and Veterinarian Technician Program selection process will use the
highest score. There must be at minimum of 90 days between tests.
Students who take the test for the second time need to be able to log in to their ATI testing account prior to arriving at the test.
When can I take the ATI TEAS exam?
Note: test capacity is limited. Please book early to reserve your preferred testing date(s). If the capacity on each test date is not already full, reservations will close at 4:30pm, 7 business days prior to the testing date (see test reservation deadlines below).
|Day||Time and Location||TEAS Date||Reservation deadline||Can retest|
|Friday||10:00am CAP Services - Cascades Hall||7-Feb||17-Jan||May 8 or after|
|Friday||10:00am CAP Services - Cascades Hall||28-Feb||7-Feb||May 29 or after|
|Friday||10:00am CAP Services - Cascades Hall||6-Mar||14-Feb||June 5 or after|
|Friday||10:00am CAP Services - Cascades Hall||13-Mar||21-Feb||June 12 or after|
|Friday||10:00am CAP Services - Cascades Hall||20-Mar||28-Feb||June 19 or after|
|Friday||10:00am CAP Services - Cascades Hall||27-Mar||6-Mar||June 26|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||8-May||17-Apr|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||22-May||1-May|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||29-May||8-May|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||5-Jun||15-May|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||12-Jun||22-May|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||19-Jun||10-Jun|
|Friday||10 a.m - Remote Exam - instructions will be emailed to appointment holders||26-Jun||17-Jun|
What if I have accommodated testing needs?
Use the following steps to arrange for an accommodated test:
- Plan to meet with the COCC Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) staff early to determine your eligibility for a testing accommodation.
- Reserve a spot in your preferred test session with the COCC Cashiers on any COCC campus, or by calling (541) 383-7500.
- Submit the TEAS Accommodated Test Request form with an attached copy of your SSD Accommodations letter for TEAS Testing (these documents must be submitted together) to CAP Services before the test reservation deadline.
- Please submit both documents for each test session for which you would like accommodations. For example, if you are taking the test twice, please submit a form for each session.
How do I sign up to take the ATI TEAS?
Appointments are made on a first come, first served basis and appointment times fill quickly. Plan your test dates carefully, and reserve your spot(s) early.
- To sign up, contact Admissions and Records at (541) 383-7500 or visit them in the Boyle Education Center on the Bend campus.
- Payment of the non-refundable $68 test fee is required at the time of reservation. Note: If you have a past due balance, you must pay the balance in full before scheduling your TEAS exam.
You must be an admitted COCC student and have taken at least one class at COCC within the last year to sign up for the exam.
If you have not taken a class at COCC within the last year, you will be required to update your COCC application prior to scheduling an exam. Your application can be updated at Returning COCC Student Application. (You will not be charged a new application fee.)
What if I am not admitted to COCC but would like to use the test for another school?
COCC administers the ATI TEAS exam to support applicants to COCC's Nursing program. Students must be admitted to COCC to take the test, so you may use our test but you will need to complete the COCC Admissions Application. You will be eligible to reserve a TEAS test appointment after your COCC application has been processed, usually within 3 business days.
COCC does not provide TEAS test results to other institutions. Test scores will need to be requested directly from ATI Testing.
What do I need to know about the day of the test?
Students must bring a picture ID to the test session, will need to provide their COCC Id Number, and will need to be able to log in to their COCC network account (help is available on the web). Please note: absolutely no other items will be allowed in the test room. This includes handbags, backpacks, cell phones, or other items.
You should arrive 15 minutes early for the test. Students arriving late to the test will not be allowed to test on this day and will not be refunded their test fee.
In the event of inclement weather, it is possible that the college may close and the test will be rescheduled. If in doubt, check www.cocc.edu for any closures before coming to campus.
The test consists of four parts, listed below with the number of test questions and the time allowed for each section.
Number of Questions
Key Ideas and Details
Craft & Structure
Integration of Knowledge & Ideas
Number & Algebra
Measurement & Data
Human Anatomy & Physiology
Life & Physical Sciences
English & Language Usage
Conventions of Standard English
Knowledge of Language
209 minutes (3 hours, 29 minutes)
|*There are 20 unscored pretest questions|