Tuesday, April 16
Coats Campus Center, Bend Campus
- Aspen Landscape Development
- Bend Parks and Recreation
- BestCare Treatment Services
- Black Butte Ranch
- Bonta Gelato
- Brasada Ranch
- Caldera Arts
- Camp Fire Central Oregon
- Central Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Central Oregon Pediatric Associates
- City of Bend
- City of Redmond
- Cornerstone Valley Inc
- Discover Your Forest/Forest Service
- Diversability Inc.
- Express Employment Professionals
- FivePine Lodge
- Heart of Oregon Corps
- Home Instead
- Indian Head Casino and Plateau Travel Plaza
- Juniper Preserve
- Linn County Sheriff's Office
- Mid Oregon Credit Union
- NeighborImpact Child Care Resources
- Nomad Service Network
- PacificSource Health Plans
- PCC Shlosser
- Social Security Administration
- St. Charles Health System
- Sun Outdoors Bend
- Sunriver Resort
- US Coast Guard
Why Attend JobFest?
- Visit with 40+ employers who want to connect with you! Employers need good workers and job hunters need good jobs. JobFest brings together employers and job hunters. You could meet the recruiter who wants to hire YOU!
- Explore different career fields and learn more about organizations that want to hire COCC students.
- Discover internship, volunteer and employment opportunities; and learn the types of skills and experiences needed for these positions.
- Connecting with employers during a career fair can really help you stand out in the job or internship application process.
What to Expect:
- Numerous employers will be available to share information about employment opportunities with their place of business.
- This is your opportunity to talk directly to recruiters and ask questions about the company and/or jobs.
- While you may not leave the career fair with an offer in hand, you will leave with a better understanding of where you want to apply for positions, how to best represent yourself for those roles, and who to get in touch with to learn more or ask questions.
- Network with other job seekers! Feel free to chat with other job seekers if you have the opportunity to share information and ideas. Trade resumes and stay in touch. Try to build your network- you never know who might have a great job lead.
Preparing for JobFest:
- Take some time to prepare for the JobFest so that you will feel more confident. A prepared job seeker makes a favorable impression on a recruiter.
- Research the employers. Information about the employers that are planning to attend are listed in the column to the right. Review this information and decide which employers are of interest to you, then visit their websites. Find out who they are, what they do, what employment opportunities are available, and why you might want to work there! With this knowledge, you will be prepared to talk with recruiters and make a good first impression.
- Update and "polish" your resume so that you are prepared to share a copy with the employer. Feel free to bring a copy of your resume, though many employers may ask that you send a copy electronically. Visit our website for Resume Guidelines and Examples for a quick list of some resume tips.
- Dress for success. First impressions are important so consider what you will wear to JobFest. Visit COCC's Clothing Connection website for information about professional attire at no cost to COCC students!
- Prepare a few questions to ask. Be sure that the company or position you are interested in is a right fit for you!
Here are a few standard questions to ask a recruiter:
- Could you describe the ideal person for the job?
- How soon do you plan to fill this position?
- What kind of training should I expect?
- What's the next step? How can I arrange an interview?
- Be ready to answer questions. Employers want to get to know you! Here are a few standard questions that a recruiter
may ask you:
- Tell me a little about yourself.
- What skills do you have for this position?
- What do you know about our company?
- Why are you interested in working for us?
- What are you career goals?
After Attending JobFest:
- Follow-up and make a great impression! Thank all of the recruiters you met. Only about 50% of all job seekers send thank-you notes. Your thank-you notes will help you stand out from other job seekers and show that you really want the job. A quick response tells an employer that you are an attentive and hard-working individual.
In your note:
- Thank the recruiter/employer for speaking with you.
- Mention where you met.
- Refer to something specific about yourself to refresh the recruiter's memory of you.
- Include something about your experience.
- Restate your desire to work for that organization.
- Mention any selling point about yourself you may have forgotten to say at JobFest.
- Continue to build your network by staying in touch with anyone you may have met at JobFest. You can send a simple email- persistence shows interest!
- Follow instructions for follow through from employers you met and keep moving your job search forward.
- Schedule an appointment with COCC's Career Services Coordinator for assistance with your on-going job search. Contact CAP Services to schedule an appointment!
Contact CAP Services at 541-383-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In advance of College events, persons needing accommodation or transportation because of a physical or mobility disability should contact Caitlyn Gardner at 541-383-7237. For accommodation because of other disability such as hearing impairment, contact Disability Services at 541-383-7583.