Your Job Search Action Plan
Preparing for your job search is the first step in obtaining employment.
Are you ready?
- Can you identify your skills and effectively market yourself for each position? Can you discuss why you are a perfect match for a specific position, or an organization? Can you convince a potential employer that you are the perfect candidate for the job?
- Have you developed a working resume? Do you know how to modify EACH resume for EACH position to which you apply? Are you familiar with different resume formats?
- Have you developed a professional, working cover letter? Do you know how to modify it for each position?
- Have you developed your reference page? This information does NOT go on your resume.
- Do you have at least three letters of recommendation/reference?
- Have you created an account on coccstudentjobs and identified other job search websites to check on a regular basis?
- Have you developed a strong network of friends, family, and business professionals to assist you with your job search and career growth?
- Have you identified numerous industries requiring your skills and experience, as well as at least 20 places to apply within the next 2 weeks?
- Are you confident in your interviewing skills, including how to research businesses, and how to develop questions to ask in the interview?
10. Do you know how to follow-up after a job interview and/or informational interview? Do you know how to write a thank-you note for each situation, as well as how to follow-up on the phone?
Contact COCC's Career Services Coordinator for job search assistance.
Call CAP Services at 541-383-7200.