3 Provide Placement Information
If you are enrolling in credit classes, you are required to provide math and writing placement information.
There are several ways to provide placement information:
Option 1 - Transfer Credit
If you have completed college writing and/or math courses or you may choose to submit official transcripts for placement and/or pre-requisite purposes.
Option 2 - Recent placement
If you have completed placement at another institution within the last 2 years, provide results and placement guidelines to Admissions & Records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: processing takes 3 business days
Option 3 - Degree earned
The placement requirement will be satisfied if you have earned an associate's degree or higher.
Option 4 – Take the Placement Assessment
- We will only accept prior college degree, coursework, and placement test scores from regionally accredited colleges.
- You must provide placement information for both math and writing. If you can only provide placement information for one, you must take the placement assessment for the other.
You may not need to take the placement test if you plan to take only the following courses:
- HD 110 (Career Planning )
- HD 190 (Latino Leadership)
- Music Performance
- HHP Activity
- Studio art
- Computer Skills (CIS below 100-level)
- Foreign Language
- Community Healthcare
- Peer Support
Official transcripts are still required to meet degree requirements, course or program prerequisites, and for advising.
For assistance, please contact Admissions and Records at email@example.com or 541-383-7500.