Non-Degree Seeking Student - Placement Test

3  Provide Placement Information

If you are enrolling in credit classes, you are required to provide math and writing placement information.

There are several ways to provide placement information:

Option 1 - Transfer Credit
If you have completed college writing and/or math courses or you may choose to submit official transcripts for placement and/or pre-requisite purposes. 

Option 2 - Recent placement
If you have completed placement at another institution within the last 2 years, provide results and placement guidelines to Admissions & Records by emailing Note: processing takes 3 business days

Option 3 - Degree earned
The placement requirement will be satisfied if you have earned an associate's degree or higher.

Option 4  – Take the Placement Assessment

Important details:

  • We will only accept prior college degree, coursework, and placement test scores from regionally accredited colleges.
  • You must provide placement information for both math and writing. If you can only provide placement information for one, you must take the placement assessment for the other.


Placement Exceptions

You may not need to take the placement assessment if you plan to take only the following courses:

  • HD 110 (Career Planning )
  • HD 190 (Latino Leadership)
  • Music Performance
  • HHP Activity
  • Studio art
  • Computer Skills (CIS below 100-level)
  • Foreign Language
  • Community Healthcare
  • Peer Support


Official transcripts are still required to meet degree requirements, course or program prerequisites, and for advising.

For assistance, please contact Admissions and Records at or 541-383-7500.