For registered new-first time students, returning students and transfer students. Attend in person or online!
Bobcat Orientation helps you prepare for the start of classes, relieve anxiety, and build confidence that is important for your success. At Bobcat Orientation, you will:
- Become more familiar with your COCC email, Bobcat Web, and Canvas accounts
- Learn what instructors expect from you, your time, and the quality of your work
- Identify resources that will help you succeed academically, stay healthy, and build connections
- Get answers to your questions - including financial aid, student involvement, and more
- Visit the Bend or Redmond campus and find your classroom locations (in-person programs)
- Pick up your student ID and parking pass (in-person programs)
Spring 2024 Bobcat Orientation – In person or online!
- Wednesday, March 27 -- in person at the Bend Campus from 12:30-4pm
- Thursday, March 28-- in person at the Redmond Campus from 12:30-4pm
- Friday, March 29- remote via Zoom from 12-2:15pm
To attend a remote Bobcat Orientation, please download Zoom and review the information and tutorials on our Zoom Basics website prior to the program. We'll send you additional tips on preparation after you RSVP for the program. We'll email (to your COCC email) your link to access Bobcat Orientation the afternoon before your scheduled date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Bobcat Orientation be offered in-person, or online?
Both! Bobcat Orientation is usually offered in person and online, via Zoom. We encourage you to attend in person if you can, especially if you will have in-person classes this term.
How do I participate in the online Bobcat Orientation on Zoom? What technology do I need?
To participate in Bobcat Orientation via Zoom, you need an internet-ready device with audio capabilities as well as a stable internet connection. A web camera and microphone will enhance your experience but are not required. If necessary, you can participate in Orientation from your mobile phone. For an optimal experience, we recommend a larger device such as a tablet or laptop. You can also drop in to a computer lab on any COCC campus to attend Bobcat Orientation via Zoom; bring a your own headphones.
Before the event, you will need to install the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app on the device you plan to use for Orientation. App Store | Google Play | Windows | Mac We will email you the link to access the Bobcat Orientation the afternoon before your scheduled session. Prior to the start time, click the link to enter your contact information and launch the event.
What if I don't have the right technology for Bobcat Orientation on Zoom? Can I go to a COCC computer lab during Orientation?
Don't worry, we have you covered! A computer lab will be open on each campus during the dates and times of the Bobcat Orientation Zoom session. Please bring your own headphones.
Computer Lab Locations
Do you have additional questions? Email BobcatOrientation@cocc.edu or call 541-383-7281.
In advance of College events, persons needing accommodation or transportation because of a physical or mobility disability should contact Caitlyn Gardner at 541.383.7237. For accommodation because of other disability such as hearing impairment, contact Disability Services at 541.383.7583.