Expanded Options Program
What is Expanded Options?
The Expanded Options Program (EOP) was created in 2005 by the Oregon legislature (SB 300) in order to provide high school students with additional opportunities to continue or complete their education as well as to allow them to earn concurrent high school and college credits through public community colleges and universities in the state of Oregon. If approved/authorized by your high school, your school district covers the cost of tuition and fees.
To be eligible for the program, you must be:
- 16 years of age or older at the time of enrollment and in grade 11 or 12
- Currently enrolled in high school, and
- On track to complete course requirements for graduation
- Eligibility is determined by the high school - additional requirements may apply.
Eligible school districts:
COCC works with the following shool districts: Bend La Pine; Crook County; Culver, Jefferson County; Klamath County; Redmond; and Sisters. Talk to your counselor if you don't see your district.
How Do I Get Started?
If you are interested in participating in the program, contact your high school counselor for specific school policies and procedures. Upon receiving approval/authorization from the high school, you will complete the following steps like any other COCC student:
Step 1: Apply!
You can apply online or via a paper application. To expedite processing, we recommend that you apply online using the following instructions:
- Complete all the application sections
- Click 'Submit Application'
- When you are prompted to enter payment information, just close the browser
- After closing your browser, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your application fee be adjusted because you are approved for Expanded Options. This is an important step that you must complete in order to get your COCC account created so don't skip it!
You may be eligible for an application fee waiver through the National Association for College Admissions Counseling. Please work with your high school counselor to determine if you are eligible.
You may also complete the paper application below and email it to email@example.com.
Step 2: Enrollment Steps
Complete the rest of the COCC Enrollment Steps.
- Submit your Expanded Options Authorization Form
Submit your high school authorization form prior to the tuition due date for each term you attend. This form is not a registration form, you will still have to register in courses - this form is used for billing purposes only. Please note; if this form isn't received prior to the tuition deadline, your account will accrue late fees – see tuition policy.
Not sure if you or your counselor turned in the form? Check the status in your bobcat web account using these instructions.
- Get Your Books!
Depending on your school district, you may have a bookstore credit. Connect with you counselor for more information on how to get your book or be reimbursed for your book purchases.
Use your Bobcat Web Account and check your COCC email
- You can register for classes, check grades and pay for non-Expanded Options classes via your Bobcat Web Account.
- COCC will send important messages and notifications to your COCC email so check this resource often. You can log-in to these accounts from the Student Log-In page.
Even though you are still a high school student, you still need to be aware of and follow all college policies, expectations, and deadlines associated with enrollment and instruction as outlined in the COCC College Catalog, available at www.cocc.edu. Parents - please see our Confidentiality and FERPA information.
Contact your high school counselor for questions about the Expanded Options program and your eligibility; contact the COCC Admissions & Records Office at 383-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about admissions steps and/or course registration.