HR-6-1 Approval Procedures for LWOP

Long-Term Leave without Pay (LWOP) must be requested in writing, prior to the beginning of the leave. LWOP for Classified and Non-represented/regular employees must be approved by the appropriate Senior Leadership Team member in consultation with the President; LWOP for Faculty must be approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Short-Term LWOP may be approved by the immediate supervisor and/or budget administrator. All employees must report LWOP.