g-6-3.3 Learning Outcomes Assessment (LOA) CommitteeApproved: 2016-05-19
As a subcommittee to Academic Affairs, the Learning Outcomes Assessment (LOA) Committee plays a vital role in sustaining meaningful student learning outcomes assessment at COCC.
- Building on the College's existing system of instructional assessment.
- Ensuring that instructional assessment efforts are faculty led.
- Leading the response to NWCCU accreditation recommendations concerning student learning outcomes and instructional assessment.
- Coordinating and communicating its efforts with faculty, Academic Affairs, the Vice President for Instruction, and the Director of Curriculum and Assessment.
Charge: By drawing on current best practices, LOA provides guidance, coaching, and leadership for the development and assessment of course- and program-level student learning outcomes by assisting faculty efforts to
- Map the relationships among and between courses, programs, and degrees.
- Compose, modify, and store student learning outcomes.
- Support and sustain a culture of inquiry and continuous improvement.
- Plan and design measurable learning activities and assessments.
- Gather and analyze evidence of learning.
- Reflect upon this evidence in order to improve the planning and design of courses and programs.
- Maintain a regular, consistent schedule of instructional assessment.
- Collect and store learning evidence.
|CTE Faculty (2)||Elected by Faculty Forum||Three years|
|Transfer Faculty (2)||Elected by Faculty Forum||Three years|
|Faculty Member At-Large (3)||Elected by Faculty Forum||Two years|
|Committee Chair||Elected by Committee at first meeting||One year|
|The Director of Curriculum and Assessment||Automatic||Standing|