G-6-3.2 College Curriculum Committee
CHARGE: The Curriculum Committee is a sub-committee of the Academic Affairs Committee and will review for approval all new proposals, suspensions/deletions, and revisions to credit curriculum (courses and academic programs). Academic programs are defined as any institutionally established combination of courses and/or requirements leading to a degree or certificate.
Primary functions of the Curriculum Committee:
- Approve additions, suspensions, and modifications to all credit courses and academic
programs which include, but are not limited to:
- Student learning outcomes
- Credits and load units
- Contact hours
- Course and program titles and descriptions
- Pre-requisites and sequencing
- General education (Foundational Requirements and Discipline Studies) and related instruction
- State definitions of degrees and certificates.
- Ensure that COCC curriculum adheres to College, State, and NWCCU (accreditation) standards and policies.
- Provide feedback to support faculty in development and improvement of curriculum.
- Consider effects of curricular and/or programmatic proposals and revisions on other
departments/programs, institutions, and students. Other departments and/or programs
may include, but are not limited to:
- Impacts to and from prerequisite courses
- Transfer focus areas
- CTE programs
- Admissions and Records
- Financial Aid
- College Now (dual credit)
- Information Technology Services
- Articulation agreements.
- Ensure that curriculum aligns with mission of the College.
Membership, Voting Status and Terms
|Faculty (CTE, open)||Appointed by the Faculty Senate||Voting||Three years|
|Faculty (CTE, tenured)||Appointed by the Faculty Senate||Voting||Three years|
|Faculty (Transfer, open)||Appointed by the Faculty Senate||Voting||Three years|
|Faculty (Transfer, tenured)||Appointed by the Faculty Senate||Voting||Three years|
|Faculty (at-large)||Appointed by the Faculty Senate||Voting||Three years|
|Instructional Dean||Appointed by the Vice President for Instruction||Voting||Two years|
|Director of Assessment and Curriculum||Automatic||Non- Voting||Standing|
|CAP Services Academic Advisor||Appointed by the Dean of Student & Enrollment Services||Non- Voting||Standing|
|Student Services (GradTracks) Representative||Appointed by the Dean of Student & Enrollment Services||Non- Voting||Standing|
|Instructional Systems Specialist||Automatic||Non- Voting||Standing|
The Chair of the Curriculum Committee will be elected annually in the spring by the committee from among faculty committee members. The chair maintains voting privileges.
Responsibilities of the Chair include:
- Collaborate with the Director of Assessment and Curriculum to set committee meeting agendas, to communicate information and documentation workflow to the committee, and to ensure the flow of documentation from the committee is communicated and submitted to Academic Affairs Committee, campus and state agencies.
- Facilitate Curriculum Committee meetings.
Updates effective 6/27/2023.