G-29-0 Administrator Of The Year Award
Purpose: An Award to recognize excellence in administration and includes a $1,000 award, plus an individual plaque and name on a perpetual plaque.
- Current Administrator or Confidential employee who is no longer on a probationary
(Administrator: In their fourth year or beyond of employment;
Confidential: beyond six months of employment)
- Employee at .50 - 1.0 FTE.
- Excludes members of the Senior Leadership Team and Administrators at a salary level of 32 or higher.
- Nominee may not receive award more than once.
Criteria: The Administrator of the Year award is for job performance at a level of consistent excellence and effectiveness. The award criteria are purposefully broad to allow latitude in recognizing an employee's contribution to Central Oregon Community College.
Use the following as guidelines for nomination. Not all criteria need be met or included:
- Outstanding performance in primary assignment.
- Promotes and represents COCC in an enthusiastic manner.
- Respects & motivates students and COCC employees.
- Provides excellent service to students, faculty and staff.
- Meets challenges, willing to take risks, innovative.
- Fosters a positive work environment.
- College/Foundation/Community involvement.
Nomination Process: Human Resources initiates and manages this award process. Human Resources, in coordination with the prior year award recipient, issues announcement of award. Nomination forms are sent to Human Resources who shares with the prior year award recipient. Review and selection committee consists of the prior year award recipient (as the chair) and additional members from various employee groups. Announcement of award nominations issued by April 15, nominations due by April 30. Committee must select the award recipient by May 15. Award is presented at the End-of-Year celebration. Administrator Of The Year Form to be used to submit recommendations.
Committee will consist of:
- Previous year's award recipient (Chair)
- Faculty member recommended by Faculty Senate
- Classified member recommended by CACOCC
- One Administrator recommended by Human Resources
- Support: Human Resources will provide support to the committee as necessary