G-29-0 Administrator Of The Year Award
Purpose: An Award to recognize excellence in administration and includes a $1,000 award, plus an individual plaque and name on a perpetual plaque.
- Current Administrator or Professional non-managerial employee who is no longer on a probationary contract. (In their fourth year of employment)
- Employee at .50 - 1.0 FTE.
- Excludes members of President's Advisory Team and Administrators at a salary level of 32 or higher.
- Nominee may not receive award more than once.
Criteria: The Administrator of the Year award is for job performance at a level of consistent excellence and effectiveness. The award criteria are purposefully broad to allow latitude in recognizing an employee's contribution to Central Oregon Community College.
Use the following as guidelines for nomination. Not all criteria need be met or included:
- Outstanding performance in primary assignment.
- Promotes and represents COCC in an enthusiastic manner.
- Respects & motivates students and COCC employees.
- Provides excellent service to students, faculty and staff.
- Meets challenges, willing to take risks, innovative.
- Fosters a positive work environment.
- College/Foundation/Community involvement.
Nomination Process: Inaugural year: CC/DC Committee issues announcement of award. Nomination forms are sent to Chair of CC/DC. Selection committee consists of CC/DC members and the President or their designee. Announcement of award nominations issued by April 15, nominations due by April 30. Committee must select winner by May 15. Award is presented at the End-of-Year celebration. Administrator Of The Year Form Subsequent years: CC/DC committee alerts previous year's winner at the beginning of April to post announcement and gather committee. Nominations will be sent to previous year's winner and will follow timeline as listed in first year.
Committee will consist of:
- Previous year's award winner
- President or designee
- Faculty member appointed by Faculty Forum
- Classified member appointed by CACOCC
- One Administrator appointed by VP for Administration
- One HR Administrator as appointed by Human Resources department.