Resources and Guides to Transfer
Guide to Transfer
The following are general steps to help keep you organized as you begin the process to transfer to a bachelor's degree program . Keep in mind the requirements and timeline for each program may differ, carefully review each programs requirements and deadlines provided on their webpage.
1) Research schools and programs of interest to you. Below are a few key factors to keep in mind.
- Available programs
- Entrance requirements
- Cost of attendance
- How your credits will transfer
2) Be aware of deadlines, including the following.
- Application deadlines
- Financial aid deadlines
- Scholarship deadlines
3) Apply for admission and submit supporting documents. Below are some examples of supporting documents a school might request.
- Official transcripts for each institution you attended - Request Official COCC Transcript
- Test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, AP, CLEEP)
- Recommendation letters
- Essays or short answer questions
4) Determine how you are going to pay for school.
- Update your FAFSA with the correct school code if you intend to receive Federal Student Aid
- Apply for scholarships
5) Stay in close communication with the school where you applied. Many schools use email to request additional documentation to process your application/financial aid and/or to notify you of acceptance to the school. If you have questions, contact the school directly and in a timely manner.
College and University Search Tools
College Board: https://www.collegeboard.org/
Dept. of Education College Scorecard: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/
National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) College Navigator: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/
Oregon Career Information System: https://oregoncis.uoregon.edu/Portal.aspx
Regionally Accredited: Regional Accrediting Organizations
Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE): http://wiche.edu/info/publications/wueHandout.pdf
- Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC): Oregon Transfer Student Tools
- Physical Therapy resources
- Medical Imaging Program Entrance Requirements
- Teacher Education resources