Scanning at the Library
The KIC scanning station by the Reference Desk in Barber Library offers a BookEdge flatbed and automatic document feeder (ADF) scanners.
On This Page
The BookEdge flatbed scanner can scan books and documents up to 11"x17".
- Place the book or document face down on the flatbed scanner.
- If necessary, adjust the settings along the top of the touchscreen to set your desired resolution, color (black-and-white, grayscale, or color), brightness, and/or contrast.
- Select "BookEdge Scanner" on the touchscreen and tap "Scan" on the left.
- Accept the copyright notice, and the BookEdge will scan the document.
- To scan multiple pages, place another page on the flatbed and tap "Scan" again on the bottom right.
Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
The ADF scanner can scan multiple loose-leaf pages at once.
- Insert the pages into the ADF attachment backwards and upside down.
- For double-sided scanning, tap "Change Settings" on the touchscreen and select "Scan
All Duplex." For single-sided scanning, select "Scan All Simplex."
- Select "ADF Scanner" on the touchscreen and tap "Scan." Accept the copyright notice, and the ADF attachment will process the papers.
Modify Scanned Images
After scanning, images can be rotated, cropped, or adjusted to correct color, brightness, and contrast. For assistance, ask the librarian at the Reference Desk.
Save Scanned Images
Tap "Send PDF file(s) via E-mail" to send a plain PDF to an email address.
By tapping "More Options," scanned documents can also be saved...
- To a USB flash drive ("Save to USB Drive")
- To a Google Drive or Dropbox account ("Save to Cloud Storage")
- To a mobile device ("Save to Tablet/Smart Phone using Smart Dock")
The default document type is a plain PDF. You can also choose one of the following additional formats.
- Searchable PDF
- Rich Text File (RTF)
- Audio (MP3)
Print Scanned Images
Tap "Print All" to send your job to one of the laser printers at the print station.
- Select "LIBPatron Laser" to print in black and white.
- Select "LIBPatron Color" to print in color.
Tap "Print" to send the job to the printing station.
Release the job at the printing station on the other side of the Reference Desk (see Printing at the Library). The document will appear under the generic username "patron."
Tap "End Session" after saving and/or printing your documents. All images will be permanently deleted. Scanned images cannot be recovered from the computer after a session has ended.
See a problem on this page? Report it through the Library Website Feedback Form.