Group Study Rooms
The Barber Library offers 14 study rooms.
Study Room Use Guidelines
- To locate study rooms in the library, review the Barber Library map.
- Rooms are not cleaned or sanitized by staff between users. Cleaning supplies are available near the reference desk on the main floor.
- Key checkout is required for the North and Central Oregon rooms to allow priority for larger groups and heavier-volume use. Other rooms do not require key checkout at this time.
- Oregon Rooms:
- Key checkout required for North and Central Oregon rooms.
- May occasionally be unavailable due to use for campus events.
- Priority is given to groups with 4 or more people.
- Please direct questions, concerns or complaints about study room use to Library staff.
Group Study Room FAQs
Can I reserve a room in advance?
Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. You may not reserve them.
What equipment is in the study rooms?
With the exception of the Oregon Rooms, all group study rooms are equipped with a desktop computer. If you need additional computers, you can check out laptops at the Circulation Desk.
Most group study rooms have white boards for your use. Please use dry erase markers only and erase your work before you vacate the room.
What are the rules for using the study rooms?
Do not leave your personal property unattended in the group study rooms, even for a short time. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you exit a study room and leave personal property inside, Library staff may remove it.
Leave group study rooms clean and tidy for the next group. Dispose of trash, clean the white board, sign out of the computer, and arrange the furniture the way you found it.