Access to Library Resources
College Now instructors and students can use all Barber Library resources on and off campus.
Access to the Library's online resources will be granted within one week after a new College Now instructor or student has a COCC email account. Please note that this might be several weeks into a new term, due to the length of time required for high schools to gather student information and for COCC staff to create the necessary records.
To access online articles and eBooks
- Visit any of the scholarly databases or eBook subscriptions on the Barber Library website (see Resources).
- When prompted to log in, enter your COCC email address and password.
Students not enrolled at COCC can perform research in the statewide Gale databases, accessible through OSLIS or Libraries of Oregon.
To visit Barber Library
Public parking is available in the lot on the north side of the Library. The Cascades East Transit bus stops on the street in front of the Library as well.
College Now instructors can request a tour of the Barber Library led by a COCC librarian. For a taste of the trip beforehand, explore the virtual tour online!
Information Literacy Sessions
Barber Library can also come to you! On request, COCC librarians will visit College Now classes to teach students...
- How to develop appropriate topics for research
- How to use scholarly online databases to find academically acceptable sources
- How to critically evaluate sources for value and quality
- How to cite sources correctly and avoid plagiarism
Contact the Instruction & Outreach Faculty Librarian, Kirsten Hostetler, for more information.