Printing in the Library
Click the button below to send a document from your laptop to the Barber Library printers.
All campus printing is managed by Information Technology Services.Two laser printers, one black-and-white and one color, are in the main area on the first floor of Barber Library. These printers are located next to the Reference Desk, under the gold sign that says "Printers."
On This Page
Get a Print Card
COCC students can use their ID cards to pay for print jobs. When first issued, each COCC student ID card comes loaded with $0.50 for printing.
Community and Summit Visiting Patrons
Use the black Pay-to-Print vending machine in the wall next to the GoPrint computer to purchase a print card. A print card costs $1.00 and comes loaded with $0.50.
Load Money to a Print Card
To load money onto your print card or ID, use the black Pay-to-Print vending machine in the wall next to the GoPrint computer.
The machine accepts cash only. Unfortunately, there is no way to load print money using a credit or debit card.
Print a Document
- Print your document(s) from a computer within the library, or from your personal device over the wireless (see Wireless Printing, below). For the printer, select "LIB Patron Laser" for black and white ($0.05 per page) or "LIB Patron Color Laser" for color ($0.15 per page).
- Use double-sided printing to save $0.01 for every other page. (E.g., two one-sided black-and-white pages cost $0.10; one double-sided black-and-white page costs $0.09.)
- Touch your username on the left side of the screen. If you used one of the stand-up
computers to release your job, your username will be "patron."
- Touch your print job(s) in the list.
- Touch "Continue" on the bottom right of the screen.
- Place your COCC ID or print card into the reader to the right of the computer. The
available funds on your card will show in the blue box on the top right of the screen.
The total price of your print job will display at the bottom of the screen.
- Touch "Click to Print" on the bottom right of the screen. Your job will begin printing
from the printer you selected.
If you have difficulties with the printers, ask for assistance at the Reference Desk.
The Library will refund printing money for the following reasons only:
- Printer malfunction
- GoPrint vending machine malfunction
- Quality of print job is distorted or unreadable due to machine error
You can send your documents to the library printers from your laptop or mobile device by following the steps below.
- Connect to the Campus Wireless network. (See Wireless Network Access for Laptops.)
- Note: wireless printing will not work on the Open Community network.
See a problem on this page? Report it through the Library Website Feedback Form.