For registered new-first time students, returning students and transfer students. Attend in person or online!
Bobcat Orientation helps you prepare for the start of classes, relieve anxiety, and build confidence that is important for your success. At Bobcat Orientation, you will:
- Become more familiar with your COCC email, Bobcat Web, and Blackboard accounts
- Learn what instructors expect from you, your time, and the quality of your work
- Identify resources that will help you succeed academically, stay healthy, and build connections
- Get answers to your questions - including financial aid, student involvement, and more
- Enjoy free snacks and giveaways and meet other new Bobcats
- Monday, September 13: 9 to 11:15 a.m. via Zoom
In Person Sessions:
- Monday, September 13 from 12:15 to 4:30 p.m. at the Madras Campus
- Tuesday, September 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Redmond Campus
- Tuesday, September 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Prineville Campus
- Friday, September 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bend Campus
*You may attend any Bobcat Orientation session, regardless of campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Bobcat Orientation be offered in-person, or online?
Both! New students and guests may attend Bobcat Orientation in person on any of our four campuses, or join Bobcat Orientation on Zoom.
I’m Oregon Promise – how will I get credit for attending?
For in-person Bobcat Orientation, be sure to sign in when you arrive. For the online session, you will be prompted to enter contact information as you join the event in Zoom. In addition, Oregon Promise students should be sure to register for a College Success course to complete the First-Year Experience requirement for grant renewal in your second year.
How do I participate in the online Bobcat Orientation on Zoom? What technology do I need?
To participate in Bobcat Orientation via Zoom, you need an internet-ready device with audio capabilities as well as a stable internet connection. A web camera and microphone will enhance your experience but are not required. If necessary, you can participate in Orientation from your mobile phone. For an optimal experience, we recommend a larger device such as a tablet or laptop.
Before the event, you will need to install the free Zoom Cloud Meetings app on the device you plan to use for Orientation. App Store | Google Play | Windows | Mac We will email you the link to join the afternoon before the event. Prior to the start time, click the link to enter your contact information and launch the event.
What if I don’t have the right technology for Bobcat Orientation on Zoom? Can I go to a COCC computer lab during Orientation?
Don't worry, we have you covered. A computer lab will be open on each campus during the dates and times of Orientation. Please bring your own headphones.
Computer lab locations on each campus will be posted by September 1, 2021.
Computer Lab Location
Do you have additional questions? Email BobcatOrientation@cocc.edu or call 541-383-7591
In advance of College events, persons needing accommodation or transportation because of a physical or mobility disability, contact Joe Viola at 541.383.7775. For accommodation because of other disability such as hearing impairment, contact Disability Services at 541.383.7583.