Zoom is a free app that you can install on any Android device, iPhone/iPad, or computer.
Important - Frequently check for updates from Zoom to avoid technical difficulties.
COCC Zoom Expectations and Basic Troubleshooting
- Ensure that you have a clean, bright, work-appropriate background and that you are dressed work-appropriately. Don't want to show your room on Zoom? Click here to download some COCC virtual zoom backgrounds !
- Turn on the video to show your presence in a virtual meeting unless your instructor has specific instructions.
- Mute while you are not talking. Be aware of your audio/ video settings and be proficient in turning them on and off.
- Focus and participate in the class activities. Don't eat or do other disruptive things while on a meeting.
- Test run your camera and microphone connection before class meetings. Give yourself enough time for troubleshooting.
- Communicate to your instructor if you unexpectedly leave a meeting due to technical issues.
Read COCC's Online Etiquette Guide for more tips for remote and online class settings.
Looking for more tutorials with pictures and step by step instructions? Need help with Zoom? Check the Zoom Help Center first!
If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com or call: 541-383-7785