Steps to Barcelona
- FALL QUARTER 2018. Complete your 2019-2020 FAFSA forms (available October 1). If you do not include the costs for study abroad in your original application, submit a correction as soon as possible. It is NOT likely that any changes to your FAFSA financial needs will increase your awards in grants or scholarships, but will likely improve your options for student loans.
- EARLY FALL QUARTER 2018. Review the Basic Information about the Barcelona program and the course offerings listed, assess your interests, and meet with your academic advisor to discuss how these courses meet your graduation plans.
- MID-FALL QUARTER 2018. Determine your needs and discuss course options with study abroad advisors Sara Henson or Mick McCann. Complete permission forms for Sara or Mick to review your grades and financial aid status. Notify financial aid office if you intend to apply for the Gilman study aboard award.
- WINTER QUARTER 2019: Plan financial resources: loan, grant, scholarship, financial aid, parents, work and savings.
- MARCH 5, 2019: Deadline for Gilman Foundation Scholarship. For students receiving the Pell grant, application deadline for the $5,000 Gilman study abroad scholarship and deadline to upload transcripts from current and previous colleges. Please see the Gilman webpage for more information: https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/applicants/deadlines-and-timeline/#1484345562955-03dc59e0-5f74
- MAY 1, 2019: Deadline to apply and pay application fee of $500.00. Apply through this link: https://www.barcelonasae.com/apply-now/ and submit COCC waiver forms to Sara Henson or Mick McCann,
- JUNE 1, 2019: Deadline for refund and to pay program fee balance and refundable $500 refundable damage deposit. Financial aid students must pay reservation deposit of $2,500 and $500 refundable damage deposit and provide a copy of a financial aid award letter.
- Contact Sara Henson with your questions (541-330-4357, email@example.com).
Application and payment process
- Read & complete the COCC application & release - including refund policies - and submit to Mick or Sara.
- Read the & complete the online application (https://www.barcelonasae.com/apply-now/).
- When it comes to Step 3, please choose (visual below):
- Under "Program Type Applying For": Study Abroad
- Under "Term Applying For": Fall
- Under "Year Applying For": 2019
- Under "Program Applying For": CFLP - Central Oregon Community College 2019: Fall Semester: 2019
Upon completion of the application, you will be brought to a page to pay an application deposit of $200. Please should pay the $200 application deposit and this will go toward your final program fee. Upon completion of the application and payment of the deposit fee, you will be given access to a Participant Portal, where you will be able to complete all the appropriate forms for the program (such as housing selection).
- Research and apply for scholarships for which you are eligible. Also, see our list posted on the Study Abroad index page.
- Apply for passport if you don't have one. http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
- MAY 1, 2019: Deadline to apply and pay application deposit.
- JUNE 1, 2019: Deadline to pay program fee balance of $8300 and refundable $500 damage deposit, unless receiving financial aid. Financial aid students must pay reservation deposit of $2,500 and $500 refundable damage deposit, along with copy of award letter.
- Secure finances and book air transportation if you are not flying with the group.
- Keep communication open with Sara and Mick so that you are kept abreast of all issues related to the Fall 2019 Quarter in Barcelona program.
- LATE AUGUST/EARLY SEPTEMBER, 2019. Attend mandatory pre-trip orientation meeting at Central Oregon Community College, Bend, Or.
- August 19, 2019 (tentative): Deadline for financial aid students to pay the balance of fees. Financial aid students will need to "bridge" the remainder of the payments at this date even though FA checks will not be disbursed until early October 2017.
- SEPTEMBER 19, 2019. Departure for Barcelona.