Steps to Barcelona
- FALL QUARTER 2018. Complete your 2019-2020 FAFSA forms (available October 1). If you do not include the costs for study abroad in your original application, submit a correction as soon as possible. It is NOT likely that any changes to your FAFSA financial needs will increase your awards in grants or scholarships, but will likely improve your options for student loans.
- EARLY FALL QUARTER 2018. Review the Basic Information about the Barcelona program and the course offerings listed, assess your interests, and meet with your academic advisor to discuss how these courses meet your graduation plans.
- MID-FALL QUARTER 2018. Determine your needs and discuss course options with study abroad advisors Sara Henson or Mick McCann. Complete permission forms for Sara or Mick to review your grades and financial aid status. Notify financial aid office if you intend to apply for the Gilman study aboard award.
- WINTER QUARTER 2019: Plan financial resources: loan, grant, scholarship, financial aid, parents, work and savings.
- MARCH 5, 2019: Deadline for Gilman Foundation Scholarship. For students receiving the Pell grant, application deadline for the $5,000 Gilman study abroad scholarship and deadline to upload transcripts from current and previous colleges. Please see the Gilman webpage for more information: https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/applicants/deadlines-and-timeline/#1484345562955-03dc59e0-5f74
- MAY 1, 2019: Deadline to apply and pay application fee of $500.00. Apply through this link: https://www.barcelonasae.com/apply-now/ and submit COCC waiver forms to Sara Henson or Mick McCann,
- JUNE 1, 2019: Deadline for refund and to pay program fee balance and refundable $500 refundable damage deposit. Financial aid students must pay reservation deposit of $2,500 and $500 refundable damage deposit and provide a copy of a financial aid award letter.
- Contact Sara Henson with your questions (541-330-4357, email@example.com).
Application and payment process
- Read the online application and release forms carefully, including refund policies.
- Research and apply for scholarships for which you are eligible. Also, see our list posted on the Study Abroad index page.
- Apply for passport if you don't have one. http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
- EARLY APRIL, 2019: Gilman applicants receive email announcing scholarship recipients.
- MAY 1, 2019: Deadline to apply and pay application fee of $500.00.
- JUNE 1, 2019: Deadline to pay program fee balance of $8300 and refundable $500 damage deposit. Financial aid students must pay reservation deposit of $2,500 and $500 refundable damage deposit, along with copy of award letter.
- Secure finances and book air transportation if you are not flying with the group.
- Keep communication open with Sara and Mick so that you are kept abreast of all issues related to the Fall 2019 Quarter in Barcelona program.
- LATE AUGUST/EARLY SEPTEMBER, 2019. Attend mandatory pre-trip orientation meeting at Central Oregon Community College, Bend, Or.
- SEPTEMBER 9, 2019 (tentative): Deadline for financial aid students to pay the balance of fees. Financial aid students will need to "bridge" the remainder of the payments at this date even though FA checks will not be disbursed until early October 2017.
- SEPTEMBER 19, 2019. Departure for Barcelona.