Steps to Barcelona
Fall term 2022
- Confirm completion your 2022-2023 FAFSA forms (available October 1, 2022). If you do not include the costs for study abroad in your original application, submit a correction as soon as possible. It is NOT likely that any changes to your FAFSA financial needs will increase your awards in grants or scholarships, but will likely improve your options for student loans. Please contact Breana Sylwester in the COCC Financial Aid office for more information about study abroad and financial aid.
- Review the Basic Information about the Barcelona program and the course offerings listed, assess your interests, and meet with your academic advisor to discuss how these courses meet your graduation plans.
- Determine your needs and discuss course options with study abroad advisors Sara Henson, Amy Harper, or Josh Evans. Contact Breana Sylwester to discuss financial aid options. Notify financial aid office if you intend to apply for the Gilman study aboard award.
- Plan financial resources: loan, grant, scholarship, financial aid, parents, work and savings.
- If applying for a Gilman Foundation Scholarship, meet with Sara Henson to review application requirements and get help on your essays.
- March 9th 2023: Deadline for Gilman Foundation Scholarship. For students receiving the Pell grant, application deadline for the $5,000 Gilman study abroad scholarship and deadline to upload transcripts from current and previous colleges. Please see the Gilman webpage for more information: https://www.gilmanscholarship.org/applicants/deadlines-and-timeline/
- May 2023: Deadline to apply
- June 1, 2023: Payment of 20% of program fee due to Barcelona SAE.
- August 1, 2023: Deadline payment of full program fee. Financial aid students may have additional steps.
- August/September 2023: Attend mandatory pre-trip orientation meeting
- September 21, 2023: Departure for Barcelona.
Application and payment process
- Read & complete the COCC Application & Assumption of Risk forms and submit to Amy or Sara before your program deposit is due.
- Read the & complete the online application (https://www.barcelonasae.com/apply-now-cocc/).
- When it comes to the third section, please choose (visual below):
- Under "Program Type Applying For": Study Abroad
- Under "Term Applying For": Fall
- Under "Year Applying For": 2023
- Under "Program Applying For": CFLP - Central Oregon Community College 2023: Fall Semester: 2023
Upon completion of the application, you will be given access to a Participant Portal, where you will be able to complete all the appropriate forms for the program (such as housing selection). Information about payments, payment option and plans will be provided upon completion of the application.