ITS Current Events and Notifications
COCC System Maintenance
The ITS department performs ongoing maintenance to its technology systems. Every Thursday
evening from 6 pm to Friday at 6 am, ITS has reserved to do periodic maintenance activities.
Larger maintenance activities that may include planned outages will be communicated
to the campus community in advance.
The following technology systems may be down or impacted during maintenance windows. We apologize for any inconvenience, but these items must be maintained on a regular basis.
Outages at times may include:
- COCC email, both on and off campus (messages will queue during outage)
- File storage and access my Docs storage, department storage (N: or S: drive), etc. will not be accessible
- Remote Campus Desktop Connection
- As a result, when these systems are down, and you are on a COCC campus, you will not be able to login to a COCC PC
These systems generally remain functional during system maintenance:
- Canvas (available via https://cocc.instructure.com/)
- COCC website (https://www.cocc.edu/ )
- Bobcat Web Account and all Banner services
- Any Library or other web pages accessed via the COCC website
- Resource 25
- COCC Phones
Please be mindful of your network storage (your Documents folder and N: drive department folders) please read the information available via the site below on how to maintain your network storage.
The following website has information and instructions regarding network file storage management and how to maintain and remove files as necessary. See ITS Network File and Print Services on the Employee Intranet.
If you need assistance, ITS can help you, so please let us know if you need help or have questions. You can put in a help desk ticket here: https://vm-ithelpdesk.ad.cocc.edu/EndUserPortal.jsp
Subject: Password Reset System:
Please sign up for the COCC Password Reset system. Staff and Students can directly register via the link on the Employee Intranet or Student login pages. Once an individual enrolls by creating a set of security questions, the individual will have the ability to reset their own password. This password is the one you use to login to COCC computers, wireless and email. Please do this now as we will be implementing required password resets during this academic year. (You may also see password reset instructions (pdf).
- After you use the system to reset your password, you will need to log-off (not just lock) your computer and re-login using your new password. If you don't do this step, it is possible that you may receive some error messages if you just lock yourcomputer. You may also completely shut down your computer and re-login.
- Don't forget to update your mobile devices (phone, tablet) with the new password. Note it may take a little bit for items to sync again after the change.