ITS Current Events and Notifications
COCC System Outages and Updates
- Location: No events scheduled at this time
- Date/Time: none
COCC Technology System Updates Planned for: none
Central Oregon Community College will be performing updates and maintenance to several technology systems from none planned at this time.
The following technology systems will be down or impacted during the identified dates. We apologize for any inconvenience, but these items must be taken care of prior to the beginning of Spring Term.
Outages at times may include:
- COCC email, both on and off campus (messages will queue during outage)
- File storage and access my Docs storage, department storage (N: or S: drive), etc. will not be accessible
- Remote Campus Desktop Connection
- If you are on a COCC campus, you will not be able to login to a COCC PC
These systems generally remain functional during system maintenance:
- Blackboard (available via http://bb.cocc.edu)
- COCC website (https://www.cocc.edu/ )
- Bobcat Web Account and all Banner services
- Any Library or other web pages accessed via the COCC website
- Resource 25
- COCC Phones
Please be mindful of your network storage (your Documents folder and N: drive department folders) please read the information available via the site below on how to maintain your network storage.
The following website has information and instructions regarding network file storage management and how to maintain and remove files as necessary. See ITS Network File and Print Services on the Employee Intranet.
If you need assistance, ITS can help you, so please let us know if you need help or have questions. You can put in a help desk ticket here: https://vm-ithelpdesk.ad.cocc.edu/EndUserPortal.jsp
Subject: Password Reset System:
Please sign up for the COCC Password Reset system. Staff and Students can directly register via the link on the Employee Intranet or Student login pages. Once an individual enrolls by creating a set of security questions, the individual will have the ability to reset their own password. This password is the one you use to login to COCC computers, wireless and email. Please do this now as we will be implementing required password resets during this academic year. (You may also see password reset instructions (pdf).
- After you use the system to reset your password, you will need to log-off (not just lock) your computer and re-login using your new password. If you don't do this step, it is possible that you may receive some error messages if you just lock yourcomputer. You may also completely shut down your computer and re-login.
- Don't forget to update your mobile devices (phone, tablet) with the new password. Note it may take a little bit for items to sync again after the change.
Subject: Annual PC Inventory updates to start April 1 and November 1 each year:
Twice a year (on Nov 1 and Apr 1) ITS gathers annual PC inventory information from Employeecomputers. What this involves is a program that will run on your computer after you log off and then log back in. You will be presented with a wizard that will guide you through the information that we need to update the locations and usage of PCs on campus (see example screenshots at the bottom of the email).You must log off and re-login in order to get this update so please do so once you get the prompt on your PC so our database can get updated. Every PC is required to check in to the database so please help us so we can avoid having to manually force the update to occur via a system log off.
Additional information to help you:
- The PC inventory update web page will not appear immediately upon login, but rather 5 minutes after logging in (so it might surprise you, by all of a sudden appearing).
- Please submit IT helpdesk tickets if you receive any errors.
Below are examples of the inventory gathering system that you will see on your PCs after log off and logging back in. Please perform this when it occurs on your PC.