COCC ITS Master Plan
The COCC Strategic Plan, as well as rapid changes in the education technology landscape, influence the direction that technology at COCC will take in the coming years. The ITS Master Plan, which is augmented by each ITS team’s Administrative Unit Review (AUR), guides how those changes most effectively align with the COCC Strategic Plan. Implementing the ITS Master Plan is a continual process, and the pace of progress will depend upon a number of circumstances including the availability of labor and financial resources.
The current COCC Strategic Plan includes four core themes which guide the development of the ITS Master Plan: Student Success, Student Experience, Community Enrichment, and Institutional Efficiency. Each of these core themes focuses on providing educational services, resources, and offerings to COCC students and community. Technology is a vital component of the strategic plan themes and goals, and allows COCC to enhance curriculum and course delivery, develop community partnerships, support students’ academic goals, and improve institutional systems and processes.
ITS Master Plan
Considerations and trends used in the development of the ITS Master Plan:
- Technology facilitates rapid change in the methods used to deliver higher education to students and training to COCC’s workforce.
- Information security is an increasingly important element in the operation of IT Service organizations globally including higher education.
- Students have an expectation that colleges will have a variety of IT systems in place to support the student lifecycle.
- Online education continues to have a growing impact on higher education and provides more flexibility for students to choose from a broader range of online or hybrid classes
As noted, the technology landscape is rapidly changing in higher education. The COCC ITS department continues to keep abreast of these changes and has been collecting information from stakeholders across the college to determine what types of technology are important to students, faculty, and staff. ITS is using this feedback and higher-ed technology trends to plan for the future of technology at COCC.
The ITS Master Plan has four main themes, each with corresponding goals outlined below. The more granular internal objectives to achieve these goals are documented and planned to be accomplished over the next five years.
Theme 1: ITS Organization: Infrastructure, Web & Application Services
Provide information technology, analytics foundations, application development, and infrastructure services to support and enable COCC to fulfill its mission and vision.
- Develop an information technology governance model to ensure that the work of the ITS organization aligns with the College’s goals and strategies.
- Sustain a robust ITS infrastructure strategy for the provisioning, delivery, and management of information systems and services to meet the current and future needs of the College.
- Support institution-wide business continuity planning and disaster recovery efforts to ensure resiliency for teaching, learning, student services, and business functions.
- Reduce the likelihood and potential impact of successful cyberattacks against College information systems and data by enhancing security processes and protections while, at the same time, enhancing access and ease of use to these same systems and data.
- Incorporate accessibility and universal design standards into information and technology resources to enhance accessibility, compliance, and intuitive use by any student or other constituent, regardless of physical, perceptual, or cognitive ability.
ITS will regularly consult the ITS Master Plan to monitor progress.
Theme 2: Teaching and Learning Support
Deliver innovative and effective technologies, software, resources, and services to enhance teaching and learning.
- Provide services and resources to support teaching, learning and student success outcomes through the use of technology both on campus and online.
- Champion the use of technology to promote innovative teaching and student achievement while advancing the educational mission of the college.
Theme 3: Campus and Community Engagement
Provide technologies and services to enhance communication, partnerships, and interactions between members of the campus faculty, staff, students, and the community.
- Develop robust communication services to support a student’s connection with the College throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Collaborate with other College departments to enhance community and educational partnerships that facilitate opportunities for students.
- Provide technology support for University Partners.
Theme 4: Operational Innovation
Leverage technology, process innovations, and projects to improve business processes, increase operational effectiveness, reduce costs, and support continuous quality improvement.
- Continue to evolve as a modern information technology, analytics, and technology support services organization to better serve our students and staff.
- Deliver an outstanding customer service experience by focusing on services and support related to information, reporting, analytics, and technology services.
- Foster and develop a talented, skilled, and dedicated information technology, analytics, and technology support services workforce.
- Modernize key enterprise applications and services to ensure they are user-friendly, robust, secure, and sustainable.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of technology operations through systems analysis and corrective actions.
- Expand quality improvement measures utilizing IT service management frameworks such as ITIL and COBIT 5.