Information for Industry
The Manufacturing and Applied Technology Center (MATC) is dedicated to serving the needs of our regional economy through manufacturing education.
In addition to training your future employees through our Certificate and Degree Programs, the MATC offers a number of services to Central Oregon manufacturers through COCC's Customized Training Program:
Manufacturing Skills Training and Continuing Education for current workers
- Employees can attend MATC courses before or after work using our flexible self paced learning environment
- Online content coursework can be viewed at work or at home.
- MATC instructors can build a customized course on many manufacturing topics delivered either at your facility, the MATC or online.
- If hands on training is required, specific lab sessions can scheduled in our facility.
- MATC training can be combined with programs from other COCC departments and Community Education to meet your training needs.
- Examples of past custom training programs delivered by MATC
- Sheet metal fabrication training for a local manufacturer
- Forklift certification training for a metals forging business
- Welding safety refresher for a local government maintenance department
- If your company is ready to hire, we have a regular stream of graduates who would be eager to hear about your opportunity. Please contact us with your job postings.
Cooperative Work Experience Students
- The MATC has an active cooperative work experience program that can provide you with temporary workers at little or in some cases no cost.
Please contact us today to find out how we can help your business.