Math Placement Level 22
There are three different pathways to the math course required for your academic goal. Two of these pathways, Quantitative Reasoning and STEM, are intended for students planning to transfer to a four-year institution and the third is for those in Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs.
The STEM path is for students whose academic goal is a Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Engineering, Computer Science, Biology, and others. If you are on this path, Math Level 22 places you into MTH 251. This course assumes you have a solid foundation in precalculus content.
Success in Math 251 is more likely if you have strong skills in the following topics before taking the course:
- Ability to use graphing technology
- Understanding of functions, including function notation, evaluating functions, determining
domain and range of a function, function inverses and transformations of functions
1, 2, 4, 5, 6
- Model and solve problems involving linear, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric functions.
- Model and solve problems using symbolic, graphic and numeric strategies and translate among written descriptions, symbolic, graphic and numeric representations of trigonometric functions
- Understand, apply, and interpret the meaning of trigonometric identities to solve trigonometric equations.
Your advisor will help you determine the correct path and course for your academic goal. More information on the complete paths is available here: Math Course Flow 2020-21
Questions about your math placement? Email email@example.com