The Typical Selection Process
You must create an application online at https://jobs.cocc.edu to be considered for employment. You must provide all information requested on the application form (resumes will not be considered as a substitute for the application). Initial screening by Human Resources for minimum requirements is based on your APPLICATION ONLY (supporting documents will not be reviewed during initial screening). Incomplete applications will not be considered by hiring committees. You will have an opportunity to upload supporting documents for committee consideration during this online application process.
After you have completed submitting your application online by the appropriate deadline date, a number of events will occur within the following approximate time line:
- Within one to two days after the deadline date . . .
. . . your application will be screened by the Human Resources Office to ensure that:
(1) your application contains all requested items and
(2) you meet the minimum qualifications of the position for which you are applying.
- Usually five working days after the application deadline for the position . . .
. . .if your application meets the criteria stated, it will be made available to the Selection/Hiring Committee for review along with all other screened application files. The Selection Committee has a designated time frame in which to review all qualified applications. Each application is considered based upon the qualifications for the position as outlined on each job posting.
- Within one to two days after the screening process has been completed by committee
members . . .
. . . at a meeting of the Selection Committee,
(1) finalists and alternate candidates are selected,
(2) interview dates and times are determined or confirmed,
(3) an interview agenda is determined, and
(4) interview questions are formulated.
- All finalists must complete a criminal history check before an employment offer can be made. COCC's criminal background policy can be
found in the General Human Resources Policies Manual.
- The Human Resources Office will:
- Notify the finalists and arrange campus interviews & notify the Selection Committee
- Announce the date and location of the professional candidate's presentation to the campus
- Prepare an interview agenda and packet of materials to be sent to professional position finalists
- So, please be aware that you may not hear from us until one or two weeks after the
deadline date has passed.
- Candidates not selected will be notified by email at the end of the selection process.
We appreciate your patience during this process and feel free to contact Human Resources to check on the status of your application or the process at any time. 541-383-7216