- Are you looking for a career that offers choice and opportunity?
- Do you want to work in a team-oriented environment?
- Are you a good communicator who finds fulfillment in helping others?
- Can you organize tasks and take direction well?
- Do you like performing a variety of duties throughout the day?
- Do you want access to positions with stable hours and benefit packages?
If so, the Medical Assistant certificate program may be for you.
This five-to six-term program prepares students to assist health care providers in offices or clinical settings in a broad range of administrative and clinical skills. Duties might include taking a patients medical history and vital signs, preparing patients for exams and medical procedures, plus administering select tests or medications as directed by clinicians.
Administrative duties may require maintenance of medical records, patient scheduling, knowledge of insurance regulations plus basic secretarial and receptionist skills.
Students are admitted once per year and begin in the fall term. Students build a sense of belonging by going through courses sequentially and with their group. Our lab is equipped with the most up-to-date equipment.
The primary goal of the COCC Medical Assistant Program is to prepare competent entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and effective (behavior) learning domains (as defined by the Commission for Accreditation of Allied Health Education).
The Central Oregon Community College Medical Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, CAAHEP upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board, MAERB.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 North, Suite 158 Clearwater, FL 33763
http://www.caahep.org | 727.2102350
Central Oregon Community College is accredited by:
The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
8060 165th Ave. NE, Suite 100 Redmond, WA 98052
http://www.nwccu.org/ | 425.558.4224
For more information, please contact:
Medical Assistant Program Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.383.7292
ALLIED HEALTH INFO SESSIONS
Our Allied Health Information Session will:
- Describe each occupation. Topics will include typical clinical and administrative duties, certification and licensing.
- Review the structure, length and cost of the programs.
- General information about the Allied Health programs.
Graduates have a 97% certification exam passage rate(five year average).
|COCC's Medical Assistant Program has employer and student satisfaction ratings averaging 95-100% (5-year average of students and employers surveyed)|
Learn More About Our Program
What Our Students Have to Say