Upon Graduating from the COCC Veterinary Technician Program, students will be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Perform comprehensive veterinary technician medical processes and apply critical thinking skills for optimal patient care.
- Utilize therapeutic and professional communication skills to achieve patient outcomes in collaboration with veterinary health care team members and clients.
- Apply principles of professionalism and confidentiality within the veterinary client patient relationship.
- Implement ethical and legal standards as they apply to veterinary medical practice.
- Practice current concepts of infection control and occupational safety.
- Utilize knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
The following link is the CVTEA Essential Skills List, which students can expect to
become proficient in before graduation.
View CVTEA Essential Skills List
Veterinary Technician National Exam 3-Year Pass Rate
Dates: July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2018
|Number of eligible first-time candidates||20|
|Number of first-time candidates that have taken the VTNE||20|
|Three-year VTNE pass percentage||80%|