Upon graduating from the COCC Veterinary Technician Program, students will be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Perform comprehensive veterinary technician medical processes and apply critical thinking skills for optimal patient care.
- Utilize therapeutic and professional communication skills to achieve patient outcomes in collaboration with veterinary health care team members and clients.
- Apply principles of professionalism and confidentiality within the veterinary client patient relationship.
- Implement ethical and legal standards as they apply to veterinary medical practice.
- Practice current concepts of infection control and occupational safety.
- Utilize knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
The following link is the CVTEA Essential Skills List, which students can expect to become proficient in before graduation.