Latinx Program Scholarship Fund
It is my desire to help low-income families be able to access outdoor activities and be more active. That career choice wouldn't seem possible without the generous donation from the community and the scholarships that I received.Scholarship Recipient
Information for Students
The Latinx Program Scholarship applications for 2023-2024 are now open: First Cycle Applications is open February 1st - May 1st & Second Cycle Applications are open August 1st - October 20th.
COCC Latinx Program Scholarships are awarded based on three criteria: financial need, demonstrated promise, and dedication exhibited by the student as well as the student's participation in COCC's Latinx Program. Our scholarship recipients receive financial support, and they are also given one-on-one academic and career advising.
Criteria to apply:
- Be a degree or certificate seeking student entering or attending Central Oregon Community College.
- Demonstrate significant academic and personal motivation
- Have a minimum 2.0 grade point average
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a participant in COCC's Latinx Program
Apply via The Foundation. For questions about applying, please get in touch with the Latinx Student Program Coordinator, Jacqueline Ruggieri, firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 318-3726.
Information for Donors
The Latinx Program at COCC celebrates diversity and culture while helping students pursue a fulfilling education. We seek to increase access to information while providing resources for students to thrive.
Your donation is not only a charitable gift, it is also an investment that will continue to grow by changing the lives of our students and the community we share. You may mark your donation as being in memory of or to honor someone special. You may also choose to make your gift recurring.
- $10-$500 supports overal scholarship fund
- $1,600 supports tuition for 1 term
- $2,400 supports tuition for half the year
- $4,800 supports tuition for 1 year
"For two years, I was supported by the scholarships and have gone further than I ever imagined in my education."
- Scholarship Recipient