Are you 16 or 17 years old?
If you are under 18 years of age, you must be released from your local high school or school district before you can register in classes. (If you are being home schooled, you will need to be released from your local Education Service District.)
The following steps must be completed:
- Your parent/guardian must contact the Adult Basic Skills office at ABSreg@cocc.edu or 541-504-2950 to request an Intent to Enroll Form, or pick up a paper copy of the form at any COCC Campus. If you are at the COCC Bend
Campus, please go to the Adult Basic Skills office in Ochoco Hall, Room 104.
- A college staff person will fill in COCC's portion of the Intent to Enroll Form and sign it. The form will help demonstrate to your local high school that you are
in contact with COCC to start classes.
- You (the student) will then need to work with the high school or local school district
to be released. Take the signed Intent to Enroll Form to your high school counseling office or local school district office. (If you are
being home schooled, take it to your local Education Service District.) At this time,
you will need to ask them for a Release from Compulsory Education Form.
- The Release from Compulsory Education Form will need to be signed by the high school principal or building administrator, you
(the student), and your parent/guardian.
- You (the student) or your parent/guardian will need to provide a copy of the fully signed Release from Compulsory Education Form to the Adult Basic Skills office prior to class registration. For faster processing, email the form to ABSreg@cocc.edu.