Dental Assisting Program Requirements
Program preparation and prerequisites
Required prior to entry (before registration) in program (DA) courses:
- 18 years old or
- have Program Director approval, and
- will be 18 before the end of Spring term
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of all prerequisite courses (See general education/foundational courses below) with a grade of "C" or better
Required prior to start (beginning of Fall term) of (DA) courses:
- Documentation of a Criminal History Check
- Documentation of completion of required immunizations
- Documentation of completion of current Healthcare Provider CPR card. For CPR class options see COCC's Continuing Education website.
- Documentation of 10-panel drug screen
Students must follow the college process on obtaining this information as listed on the Immunizations, Criminal History Check, Drug Screening, and CPR Requirement page. Students are responsible for the cost of providing these documents. Contact your advisor for more information.
Minimum GPA or grade requirements
All required courses must be completed at a "C" or better and graduates must have an overall 2.0 GPA or higher.
Program course requirements
View details and course descriptions:
Dental Assisting - One Year Certificate of Completion (Online Catalog)