Biology 102 Course Outcomes
Biology 102 - General Biology: Evolution
Upon completion of this course, students will be expected to be able to:
- Infer evolutionary patterns based on fossil, morphological, embryological, and molecular evidence.
- Construct and interpret phylogenetic trees based on the supporting evidence for the relationships.
- Describe how evolutionary mechanisms alter genetic variation in a population through time.
- Explain biological diversity based on mechanisms of evolution, including sexual selection.
- Compare modes of speciation and species isolating mechanisms.
- Identify patterns in development and function of related organisms.