COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Spring Term Information
COCC is open to serve students but facilities, with the exception of some computer labs, are closed.
Through the end of Spring Term, student services and classes will be available remotely.
- Spring Term Updates
- Getting Started for Spring Term
- Facilities Information
- Working Remotely
- Policy Information
- Insurance Information
Update April 24, 2020
Update from President Chesley
As the weekend approaches, I am pleased to share some positive news from the Oregon Health Authority (OHA). Today, the OHA estimates that the stay home and social distancing initiatives undertaken by the citizens of Oregon have prevented approximately 70,000 COVID-19 cases.
On Monday, St. Charles Health System reported that these initiatives have helped to lessen the number of COVID-19 cases in Central Oregon, but senior data scientist Michael Johnson warned that, if we were to relax social distancing by just 25 percent, we would likely see a significant resurgence of COVID-19 cases.
I'm sure that all of us are getting tired of the isolation we are experiencing, but please, let's stay strong and keep up the great work we've been doing in looking out for one another's health.
Stay home. Save lives. Show how Central Oregon cares.
Dr. Laurie Chesley
COVID-19 Fact Sheet and Public Phone Line
- COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Fact Sheet (pdf)
- Public COVID-19 Phone Line 541-699-5109 (pdf)
COCC Communication About COVID-19 Accessible by Date
- College Update April 9, 2020 (pdf)
- College Update March, 19, 2020 (pdf)
- College Update March 16, 2020 (pdf)
- College Update March 13, 2020 p.m. (pdf)
- College Update March 13, 2020 a.m. (pdf)
- College Update March 12, 2020 (pdf)
- College Update March 11, 2020 (pdf)
- College Update March 10, 2020 (pdf)
- College Update March 6, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Students from COCC President, Dr. Laurie Chesley (pdf)
Deschutes County Health Services is now offering a daily email update on COVID-19. The daily updates will include updates on the COVID-19 situation locally, state-wide, nationally, and globally, as well as links to the most current resources. Sign up for daily email updates on COVID-19 from Deschutes County Health Services.
Below is the most updated information from the Central Oregon Emergency Information Network, Oregon Health Authority and Centers of Disease Control (CDC).
- Central Oregon Emergency Information Network
- Oregon Higher Education Resources on COVID-19
- Oregon Health Authority Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Overview
- COVID-19 Transmission Info
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment
- COVID-19 FAQ