Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
The US Federal Government’s Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after an individual has made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. COCC is a qualifying employer!
To qualify for PSLF, you must:
- Be employed by a U.S. federal, state, local, or tribal government or not-for-profit organization (federal service includes U.S. military service);
- Work full-time for that agency or organization;
- Have Direct Loans (or consolidate other federal student loans into a Direct Loan);
- Repay your loans under an income-driven repayment plan; and
- Make 120 qualifying payments.
Interested in learning more...
For more information on the program, eligibility, and resources, COCC employees should take a moment to visit the Federal Student Aid website, Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) and reach out to your federal student loan service provider.
PSLF Certification forms are available here: Public Service Loan Forgiveness Application and should be submitted to Payroll for certification and completion before submitting to your federal student loan service provider.