Start My Business
If you are just starting out, we can help you build a solid foundation and avoid costly mistakes. Think of the Small Business Development Center at COCC as your adviser leading you past the time- and money-wasting pitfalls many business owners struggle with.
Business Start-Up class
Do you have a great idea but just don't know where to get started? This two-hour class, offered monthly, covers the basics of how to get started.
- Are you ready to be in business?
- Do you have what it takes to run a business?
- Is there a customer base to support your business?
- What are your options for funding your business?
- How much money do you need to get started?
- What are the legalities involved?
The next Start-Up class will be held on Wednesday February 7, 11:00am-1:00pm, at the COCC Chandler Lab building in Bend (off-campus). To sign up or to see other dates and locations, call 541-383-7290 or email email@example.com or register online. Only $29.
How to Develop a Business Plan workshop
Discover the tools you need to successfully plan, build and manage your business. This hands-on, two-evening class is full of practical advice and information for those ready to start on their business plan.
- Evaluate your business idea
- Determine your customers' needs and target your market
- Choose the best promotion for your business
- Understand the essential elements of financial forecasting
- Understand the steps to finding funding for your business
- Learn the key elements of developing a written business plan
The next How to Develop a Business Plan workshop will be held on Wednesdays, February 21 & 28, 6:00pm-9:00pm at the COCC Chandler Lab building in Bend (off-campus). For more information or to sign up for the next available class call 541-383-7290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online. $99 including handouts.
Launch Your Business course
Are you getting ready to or have you just recently opened the doors to your own business? Position yourself for success with one-to-one business advising sessions interspersed with three classroom sessions that cover essential details.
- Hone your business skills and knowledge
- Work on pricing and profitability
- Establish cash flow management and financial stability
- Define your marketing message
- Keep on target to reach your goals with one-to-one business coaching
- Discuss your business issues with others who share the same concerns
The next Launch Your Business series will be held at the COCC Chandler Lab building in Bend (off-campus). The classroom sessions will take place on Wednesdays, March 14, March 28 & April 11, 6:00pm-9:00pm; advising sessions will begin the week before the first class, so be sure to sign up early! For more information or to sign up call 541-383-7290 or email email@example.com or register online. $199 including $25 workbook.
"This is a good program for any small business owner, new or veteran, looking to grow a successful business."
Many small businesses have used the COCC Small Business Development Center to help their businesses thrive.