Taking the Placement Test
If you are enrolling in credit classes, you are required to provide math and writing placement information before you can register. Most students take COCC's Placement Assessment.
Placement Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
Does everyone need to provide math & writing placement?
Schedule an appointment
After you apply for admissions and receive your COCC ID (820#), you may schedule a test appointment. COCC offers placement testing at Bend, Redmond, Madras and Prineville campuses. Appointments not canceled within 24 hours are considered missed. You may be asked to meet with the Placement Test Coordinator after three missed appointments.
Students with Disabilities
If you require test accommodations due to a documented disability, contact the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (541-383-7583) to establish accommodations prior to reserving a testing time.
The day of the test
- Arrive 15 minutes early. Check-in begins 15 minutes before your scheduled test time. Students arriving after the test has started may be asked to reschedule.
- The test is untimed. It typically takes around 2 hours to complete all tests.
- Bring ID. You will need to show ID with your name and a recognizable photo to test.
- You do not need to bring any materials with you. We provide all testing materials. For some math questions, you will be provided an approved calculator.
- Ask questions. Feel free to ask the staff any questions you may have.