New Student Advising
New Student Advising is a group session to help you select your educational goal, choose your courses and navigate your first term at COCC.
At New Student Advising, you will:
- Attend a presentation where you will learn how to select your educational goal
- Work in small groups with an advisor
- Register for classes
New Student Advising takes 2-3 hours and is required for students starting fall, winter and spring term. Students starting summer term have the option of attending New Student Advising before summer or fall term registration.
You are ready for New Student Advising when:
Already have 20 or more college credits?
If you already have 20 or more college credits, please follow the Transfer to COCC guidelines.
You could also review:
- COCC certificates, degrees, and academic programs
- GradTracks degree audit
- Class schedule
- College catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Tuition and Fee information
- Foreign language placement and transfer information
What if you are unable to come to the COCC campus?
Learn about remote advising. This option is only available for those with an identified barrier to attending an advising session on COCC's campus.