In September of 2013, staff and faculty met to develop an improved institutional understanding of the numerous steps in the curriculum process and how they interrelate. A goal of the discussion was to identify opportunities for working together to create a clear, cohesive process across the college.
The questions posed were the following::
- What is the curriculum process at COCC from start to finish?
- How does curriculum development and approval impact departments outside of instruction?
- Once curriculum is developed by faculty and approved by the Curriculum Committee and the State, how does the College operationalize it?
- How does the College ensure it is accurate and accessible to students through the catalog, advising, registration, financial aid?
- How does the College report and communicate accurate information on student activity to external stakeholders?
process document is a summary of this discussion.