G-12-0 Pets on Campus
Pets are not permitted on campus except for ADA accommodations or teaching purposes. If you do not have current state issued service animal credentials, and are in need of having a pet on campus for medical purposes, you may submit a request for approval through the Office of Disability Services.
Animals allowed to be brought onto campus for teaching purposes would include:
- Be allowed to bring 1 to 2 animals into a Veterinary Technology classroom or lab, for demonstration purposes only;
- Demonstration purposes will be determined by the instructor;
- The instructor is completely responsible for overseeing the care of any animals while they are on campus. This will include any feeding, watering, walking and cleaning up, etc;
- Any animal brought onto campus for teaching purposes will be under 100% control at all times and will never be allowed to run loose;
- Any animal brought on campus will be required to be up to date on all vaccines;
- Any animal brought on campus will be well socialized and will not be placed in a stressful or harmful and possibly unsafe situation;
- No animal brought onto campus for teaching purposes will be left in a car at any time;
- No animal brought onto campus will enter any building other than those designated for teaching;
- No animal brought on campus for teaching purposes will be allowed to be disruptive or excessively vocal while on campus;
- All soiling accidents produced by teaching animals will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected using KenneLSol solution. (See attached MSDS sheet);
- No animals that have been knowingly exposed to any diseases transmissible to humans will be allowed on campus.