Diversity Achievement Award
Campus Diversity Committee
Diversity Achievement Award
This award seeks to recognize those faculty, staff, and students who make valuable contributions to our campus community in a way that supports and fosters a respectful and inclusive multicultural environment.
- Faculty / Staff All part- or full-time COCC faculty and staff members are eligible.
- Students COCC students must be carrying six (6) or more units at the time of nomination.
- The recipient of the Diversity Achievement Award may be an individual, department, work team, or student organization.
- A recipient may not receive more than one Diversity Award within a five year period.
- Nominees must be in good standing with COCC to be eligible.
- Any staff, faculty or student who is currently employed or enrolled may nominate a candidate in any category for the Diversity Achievement Award.
- Nomination forms must be submitted to the Selection Committee in Room 216 Coats Campus Center by April 17, 2020. Nomination letters must address the nominees achievements in the four areas listed below under Criteria.
- Obtaining a limited number of additional letters to support a nominee is allowed but not required; the letters should also address the nominees achievements in the four areas listed below under Criteria.
- The winner of the Diversity Achievement Award will be notified and the Award will be presented to the recipient at a special reception/luncheon at the end of Spring term hosted by the Diversity Committee.
Criteria: (Nominee may satisfy one or more of the following criteria.)
- Nominee (individual or team) actively promotes the recruitment and retention of diverse groups to faculty, staff, administrative positions, and the student body (above and beyond their normal job duties and/or student obligations.)
- Nominee (individual or team) works to bring enriching cultural and educational events to campus.
- Nominee (individual or team) demonstrates efforts to create a climate of respect and understanding among staff, faculty, students, and/or the community at large.
- Nominee (individual or team) is active in community service, on- and/or off-campus, that serves diverse populations.
- The Selection Committee shall consist of five members of the COCC Diversity Committee as follows: one COCC staff or faculty member, one COCC student representative, the Diversity Committee Chair, and the Director, Diversity and Inclusion.
- All deliberations of the Selection Committee are to be kept strictly confidential.
- The Selection Committee will review each nomination based on the criteria listed above with consideration given to those nominees whose achievements broadly foster an inclusive and respectful campus community. (The Diversity Committee reserves the right to not give out an award should the quality of the nominations not merit the honor of this award.)
Award Nomination Form
Download the Diversity Achievement Nomination Form (PDF)
Please fill out the PDF form by Friday, April 17, 2020 and submit to:
Director of Diversity & Inclusion
Coats Campus Center