Licensed Massage Therapy (LMT) Program
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of others and play a direct role in their health and well-being?
Are you curious about science and the body?
Do you want to a practice of your own?
If so, the Licensed Massage Therapy program at COCC is for you.
Massage therapy continues to grow each year and is a more widely accepted method of maintaining health and overcoming injury. In our program you will study:
- Western and Eastern applications of massage therapy.
- The scientific aspects of the body and its many systems.
- How to design specific treatment plans and recognize medical issues.
- Maintenance of client and business records.
- Practice of ethical client/practitioner boundaries.
- How to develop excellent client communication skills and so much more!
Whether you are pursuing the Certificate of Completion or an Associates Degree, our more than 150 years of combined practical teaching experience, diversity, and passion will place you on a path to success.
The Licensed Massage Therapy program is approved by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA). COCC's LMT program is the only program in the State to offer an AAS degree.
Student Massage Clinics
Available to COCC students, staff and public, student massage clinics are scheduled Fall –Spring Term.
We are committed to our students and strive to achieve:
- Graduate entry into the field of licensed massage professionals
- Service beyond expectations
- Creation of innovative programs, schedules, and services that promote success
- Establishment of partnerships with other health care providers
- Greater public education about the benefits of the profession of massage therapy
Massage Program Tours
We give tours of our program for interested students all year long by appointment. Come by and check out our classes, meet instructors and talk to students as well as receive a complementary massage in our clinic. Email to schedule a tour!
If you are a licensed massage therapist, you qualify for the two-year AAS degree program. Come back to school, and increase your skills and knowledge to set you on a path to rise to the top of your profession.
LMT Program Enrollment Requirements
We offer two starts per year: Fall (morning and daytime) and Spring (evening). We recommend students interested in starting The Massage Program complete one anatomy class prior to enrollment. Choose ONE of the following to meet this requirement: BI 121, 122 or 231. Anatomy classes are offered all four terms.
Additional prerequisite requirements are: placement into MTH 20 and WR 121 or completion of MTH 10 and WR 65 or higher.
Prior to enrollment into the LMT program, interested students may also enroll in:
LMT 101 Intro to a Massage Career (fall and spring term)
LMT 205 Movement for Massage (fall term)
LMT 206 Spirit of Massage (fall term)
LMT 216 Aromatherapy 1 (fall term)
To learn more or enroll, please contact:
Program Director: Alan Nunes AAS
email@example.com | 541.318.3757
"My completion of the LMT program has given me a new found passion for helping people
overcome chronic pain and finding stress relief. I am so thankful for this program
and the knowledge I have attained during this journey. I raised my children as a bartender
single mom and now I am a small business owner licensed in the state of Oregon on
a new amazing path."
- Michelle, LMT program student