Doing Business with Central Oregon Community College
The mission of the Purchasing Department is to serve the college community by implementing and regulating responsible public purchasing practices that assure the successful acquisition of goods and services in a courteous, timely, cost-effective and legal manner. The Purchasing Department of Central Oregon Community College subscribes to the following principles and ethics.
- To give first consideration to the objectives and policies of the College and the statutes governing public contracting.
- To demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- To not seek or dispense personal favors. We handle each administrative problem objectively, without discrimination, on the basis of principle of justice.
- To foster competition in order to obtain goods and services at the lowest possible cost, and to provide all interested suppliers with the opportunity to offer their products to the College.
- To grant all competitive bidders equal consideration, to regard each transaction on its merits; to foster and promote fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- To give a prompt and courteous reception to all those calling on us to conduct business.
- At no time, or under any circumstances, will we accept directly or indirectly any gift or other items or service of value from suppliers.
* The above list was taken in large part from the National Association of Educational Buyers' Code of Ethics.