COCC has 4 electric vehicle charging stations!
Charging stations at Redmond and Madras campuses. See map.
Thanks to a $10,000 contribution from the COCC Green Energy Fee, a grant from Pacific Power and our partnership with non-profit 350 Deschutes, the COCC community and the public can charge their electric vehicles on the Redmond and Madras campuses. Check out this Bend Bulletin article.
COCC now has 2 Electric Vehicles and a few hybrid vehicles that Faculty and staff can reserve for travel between campuses, to conferences etc.
Battery-electric vehicles are powered by electricity stored in a battery pack.
Electric vehicles look and operate just like a gas-powered vehicle except:
- Fuel gauge is in number of miles until battery needs to be charged.
- Plugging in to charge takes some time and there are 3 different levels of charging.
- Charging at designated stations, some places have for free, others you need to pay through a company like Chargepoint or Blink.
- Find charging stations through the apps for Chargepoint, Blink or Plugshare.
- Regenerative braking also powers the battery and you may feel the difference while you drive and see the gauge change.
- Many resources available on the web, such as from Forth Mobility.
COCC EV Fleet Basics
The COCC Automotive program and fleet include a 2020 Chevy Bolt EV and a 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Currently, trips for these are limited to 200 miles roundtrip. Charging is at Campus Services on a non-networked charging station on the east side of the building. Public charging stations are available on Redmond and Madras campuses for free, but with use of the Chargepoint app or card.
Commute Options is dedicated to innovative transportation options that connect people of all ages to the places they go – employees to their workplaces, students to their schools, and neighbors within their communities.
For Faculty and Staff, sign up for the Get There Rewards program and earn! Earn a $20 gift card for every 45 days you use a commute option. Register and start tracking your sustainable commutes today!