You are eligible to receive a refund due to a credit balance on your student account if your payments (personal, financial aid, scholarships, etc.) exceed your charges. These refunds are delivered to you through the Student Refunds program. COCC is pleased to announce we
have partnered with a new refund provider, HEARTLAND/ECSI. Please log into your student account and sign up for a refund method.
Refund Method Options
How long does it take to get your money?
Direct Deposit to an Existing Saving or Checking Account
- In most cases, funds are available in 1-2 business days
- What it is: an electronic transfer of your refund into your personal checking or savings account.
- What you need to do: have your account and routing numbers available when you sign up.
Direct Deposit to a New Discover Card - Cashback Checking Account
- In most cases, funds are available in 1-2 business days. If you do not elect an electronic refund method, a check will be mailed and you will receive your check via U.S. Postal Service within 5 to 10 business days.
- What it is: an electronic transfer of your refund into a new Discover checking account.
- What you need to do: complete a short online application process.
- How to choose your refund method: If you do not elect an electronic refund method, a check will be mailed to the address on file at Central Oregon Community College. Please ensure your mailing address is up to date at the COCC Bobcat Web Account.
- You will receive your check from PNC bank via the U.S. Postal service within 5 to 10 business days.
- What you need to do: select the "paper" check option when selecting your refund method. Please ensure your mailing address is up to date in your COCC Bobcat Web Account. Note: if you refund method is selected, a check will be mailed to the address on file at Central Oregon Community College.
How to choose your refund method
If you are eligible for a refund, you have the option of choosing how to receive your money. Here's how:
- Once you are an admitted student with a COCC ID#, log in to your Bobcat Web Account and sign up for Student Refunds.
- Log in to your Bobcat Web Account, select “Student Services and Financial Aid” then click on “Student Refunds”.
- Choose your refund method:
- Direct deposit to your existing checking or savings bank account: enter your bank account information
- Direct deposit into a new cashback checking account from Discover Bank: complete the online registration to open your account
- Paper Check: select this option and have a paper check from Heartland/ECSI PNC bank mailed to you.
Sign up at least a week before the term starts to ensure that your selection can be processed in time so that any refunds you may have on file for the term will be delivered via your method of choice.
After I sign up, do I have to sign up every term?
No. Your refund choice will apply to all future refunds. You can change your refund method as often as you like, but be sure to allow at least one week for the change to be processed.
For help signing up, to change from an electronic refund method to a paper check or if you do not receive your funds, please call ECSI Support at 1-844-700-0134.
Direct Deposit FAQ
Can I use my debit card number to set up direct deposit?
No. You must use your bank account and routing number printed on the bottom of your check. If you enter your debit card number, your deposit will be rejected.
What happens if I entered my account number incorrectly?
The bank will check to make sure the account number is valid, but they do not verify that the bank account you entered belongs to you!
- If you entered a valid account number that belongs to someone else, the deposit will go to that account. We can try to recover the funds, but there is no guarantee.
- If you entered an invalid account number, the deposit will be returned and an attempt will be made to contact you.
How do I change my bank account number?
You can change your bank account information by logging in to your Bobcat Web account, and clicking Select under Student Refunds. Click Update Your Refund Choice under the eRefunds tab.
Where can I cash my check?
You can cash your check, at no charge, at your own bank or at any Central Oregon U.S. Bank branch.
Find the Nearest ATM
Cash Management Disclosure