MIC: A multicultural infusion course
1. Students will be able to define culture and to identify ways in which culture influences communication.
2. Students will recognize and demonstrate the behaviors which represent open-mindedness.
3. Students will participate in at least two intercultural simulations
4. Students will identify and report on three symptoms of culture shock and two remedies for culture shock.
5. Students will identify and report on at least two standard taxonomies of cultural difference.
6. Students will be able to identify five features of their own culturally specific communication.
7. Students will research differences in at least two distinct cultures.
8. Students will recognize and analyze the relationships among culturally held values and cultural standards for behavior.
9. Students will demonstrate their ability to adapt to the perceptions of individuals from different cultures.