If you are just starting out, we can help you build a solid foundation and avoid costly mistakes. Think of the Small Business Development Center at COCC as your advisor leading you past the time- and money-wasting pitfalls many business owners struggle with.
Business Start-Up class
Do you have a great idea but just don't know where to get started? This two-hour class, offered monthly, covers the basics of how to get started.
- Are you ready to be in business?
- Do you have what it takes to run a business?
- Is there a customer base to support your business?
- What are your options for funding your business?
- How much money do you need to get started?
- What are the legalities involved?
The next class will be held in Bend on Wednesday October 4, 11:00am-1:00pm, at the COCC Chandler Lab building (off-campus). To sign up or to see other dates and locations, call 541-383-7290 or email
register online. Only $29.
How to Develop a Business Plan workshop
Discover the tools you need to successfully plan, build and manage your business. This hands-on, two-evening class is full of practical advice and information for those ready to start on their business plan.
- Evaluate your business idea
- Determine your customers' needs and target your market
- Choose the best promotion for your business
- Understand the essential elements of financial forecasting
- Understand the steps to finding funding for your business
- Learn the key elements of developing a written business plan
The next How to Develop a Business Plan workshop will be held on Wednesdays, September 20 & 27, 6:00pm-9:00pm at the COCC Chandler Lab building in Bend (off-campus). For more information or to sign up for the next available class call 541-383-7290 or email
register online. $99 including handouts.
Launch Your Business course
Are you getting ready to or have you just recently opened the doors to your own business? Position yourself for success with one-to-one business advising sessions interspersed with three classroom sessions that cover essential details.
- Hone your business skills and knowledge
- Work on pricing and profitability
- Establish cash flow management and financial stability
- Define your marketing message
- Keep on target to reach your goals with one-to-one business coaching
- Discuss your business issues with others who share the same concerns
The next Launch Your Business series will be held in the fall at the COCC Chandler Lab building in Bend (off-campus). The classroom sessions will take place on Wednesdays, October 11, October 25 & November 8, 6:00pm-9:00pm; advising sessions will begin the week before the first class, so be sure to sign up early! For more information or to sign up call 541-383-7290 or email
register online. $199 including $25 workbook.
Tyler Reichert, former owner of
Silver Moon Brewing
"This is a good program for any small business owner, new or veteran, looking to grow a successful business."
Read his success story
Many small businesses have used the COCC Small Business Development Center to help their businesses thrive. Read their
small business success stories