Central Oregon Community College is one of seven community college members belonging to the Oregon International Education Consortium (OIEC), which sponsors the Spring Quarter in London program. The OIEC accepts up to 30 students for the program from the member colleges in Oregon. Space, therefore, is limited and students are accepted on a first-come basis.
American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) is our partner institution that makes all program arrangements, from travel to insurance to housing. All program costs and payments are made to AIFS.
The OIEC makes all academic arrangements, including course offerings, grade reporting and faculty selection you are taught by Oregon instructors who accompany you to London.
All credit fees and tuition costs are paid to COCC and you register as usual at COCC from the courses listed on the COURSE OFFERINGS.
10 Week Program: March 27 June 6, 2014
- Open to students of all ages (18 minimum) who have earned at least 12 college credits (before the trip begins) with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pay tuition for 12-15 credits through COCC in addition to program fee.
- Program fee includes shared bedroom in a British family home with continental breakfast five days weekly and full kitchen access, cultural activities and museum visits, guided day trips to Oxford and Stonehenge/Salisbury, three theater performances, a soccer match, a walking tour, access to low-cost student cafeterias at the University of London, computer and internet access, unlimited-travel London Transport pass for underground and buses, medical and program fee refund insurance.
- Financial aid can be applied to program (apply or revise your FAFSA as soon as possible)
- All students enroll in a 3-credit British Life and Culture course taught by London Faculty
- All students enroll in other academic courses to total at least 9 more credits.
- Courses available will be selected from: Music Fundamentals, History of Rock Music, Understanding Music (19th and 20th centuries), and possibly World History. With sufficient enrollment, we will include courses in Folklore and Mythology, Creative Writing: Fiction, and Introduction to Literature: Drama. All courses are fully transferable to your Associate of Arts Degree.
- PRICE $6,725 + COCC tuition (12 credits minimum) + Roundtrip Airfare (Portland-London-Portland)
+ taxes and fuel surcharges