Steps to Florence
- Look over the course offerings and discuss plans with academic advisor.
- Decide if you are interested in the courses offered.
- Determine your needs and discuss course options with Jon Bouknight or Sara Henson.
- Look over the Basic Information Sheet.
- Plan financial resources: loan, grant, scholarship, financial aid, parents, and apply for the Gilman Scholarship if you are eligible.
- Contact Sara Henson or Jon Bouknight with your questions.
YOU WISH TO APPLY?
- Pick up an application from Jon Bouknight or Sara Henson.
- Read the application form carefully cover to cover.
- Take passport size pictures. (You need 4 for the application, and 2 more for a passport, if you don't already have one.)
- Bring completed application form to Jon Bouknight, include pictures and $450 deposit check (or credit card number).
- Jon Bouknight will sign application and make copies for file.
- Mail your application to: AIFS /Partnership Programs, College Division, River Plaza, 9 West Broad Street, Stamford, CT 06902. Application and deposit deadline May 30, 2014.
- Get a passport application and order your passport.
- Secure finances.
- Fill out all paperwork that AIFS sends you in a timely fashion.
- Keep communication open with Jon Bouknight so that you are kept abreast of all issues related to the Fall Quarter in Florence program.
- Attend Florence Student Orientation in late August
- Ask questions, questions, questions until you are confident you know all the answers regarding your exciting study abroad program!